Thursday 2 March 2017

Springtime- CAS Watercolour Challenge

I can't believe it's March already and that Spring is on our doorstep...can't wait.

So that means it's time for another challenge at the 
Great theme this month....Spring!

http://caswatercolour.blogspot.com/2017/03/cas-watercolour-march-challenge.html


Playing with a new stamp for me from Technique Tuesday called Cosmos.
I reminded me of poppies so I decided to colour them red.
 I placed the stamp inside my Misti, stamped then heat embossed with white powder.
I added a touch of colour to the flowers using my Zig markers then used a paintbrush to paint them in. It is so easy to get a watercoloured look using them.
Next, I die-cut the window using the Rectangle Peek a Boo die from MFT.  The stitched edges add such interest and framed out the image so well.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Mama Elephant using my Misti again.




Adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More- ANYTHING GOES

Crafty Creations- ANYTHING GOES

Paper Minutes- SPRING



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Mama Elephant, TT/ ink- Memento/ wh eb powder/ heat tool/ Misti/ Zig markers/ Cuttlebug

23 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Karen these flowers are gorgeous! I love that you used red - such a warm color!

nancy littrell said...

Karen, Gorgeous CAS design for your pretty Cosmos Zig watercoloured flowers. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Susan said...

Beautiful watercolouring and choice of colours for your flowers! And I love the way you framed them with the peek-a-boo rectangle.

Loll said...

Gorgeous watercolouring of your cosmos, Karen. Love the deep pink / red of the flowers against the soft blue background. xx

Bonnie said...

These red cosmos are so pretty against the blue background, Karen! And that peek-a-boo frame is perfect for framing them!

Viv said...

Loving your beautiful card Karen, great stamping and use of colour too, another stunner here ;) hugs Viv xx

Marcia said...

Beautiful card!! I love the stitches around the framed opening. Great addition to your card. You always have so many challenges. I don't know how you keep track of them all.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love those colors together and it is a great layout with the frame you used on it.

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, this is GORGEOUS! I love these flowers and the rich red! Stunning with the stitched "window" die and wonderful matting! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Monika Reeck said...

oh Karen
ADORABLE Watercoloring woooowww
I am in love the stitches yes made your card framed so adorable too
I LOVE THIS MUCH
Many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this week
hugs
Monika (ATSM DT)

Monika Reeck said...

I will be thrilled if you like to visiting my DT card too...I am always happy to see you are on my commenting number...always remember number 1 or 0 then I will always visiting you :) hugs hugs from Germany
Me again Monika

Pat said...

Fabulous flowers Karen and I love that frame which shows them off perfectly. I love the red and blue and the coordinating red for the mat. A wonderful card! x

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is beautiful, Karen! I love those luscious flowers. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment.

Donna said...

I have a Uniko Cosmos stamp that reminds me of poppies, too... but nobody else ever sees it 🙂. Beautiful card, my friend. X

Svenja said...

Very elegant and so beautiful. Thanks for taking part in our Paperminutes Challenge.

Heather said...

It's beautiful, Karen. Your colours are perfect together and the way you cropped it. Just lovely as always.

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful colour contrast with the blue and the red. gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card....your coloring is simply stunning, perfection! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

STUNNING!
Faith
x

Anna-Karin said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

Bobby said...

I always love red and those cosmos peeking through the die cut window are beautiful, Karen.

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Karen, I love your card! - Sweet Kobylkin

Anke said...

Wonderful card, Karen. Fabulous flowers and wonderful sentiment.

Hugs
Anke