Saturday 22 April 2017

Shades of Blue

Happy Saturday.
Meet today's card inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast and my love of stamping with blue.

I wanted to play with this wonderful wildflower stamp and see what I could create.
 I began by placing the flower stamp inside my Misti, coloured directly onto the stamp with a light coloured Zig Waterbrush marker, sprayed with water and stamped.  I repeated that process with a darker shade of blue then clear heat embossed the image.  I stamped the flowers again in the bkg with gray Memento ink to add the appearance of shadows.
I went on to stamp the sentiment along the edge of my card front with Versamark ink then white heat embossed so I could do an emboss resist.  
Lastly, I rubbed the whole card front with Distress inks and splattered with water to lift some of the colour...it looks like falling rain.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Wed. -SHOWERS and or FLOWERS

As You Like It- FAV COLOR (and why)
(blue to me is purity, it reminds me of a sunny day with blue skies and the beach)
 
Little Red Wagon- APRIL SHOWERS

Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING GOES STAMPED


Have a great weekend and thanks so much for coming by.

Supplies
Stamps- Wildflowers-Umbells (Magenta), Something Incredible (Impression Obsession)
Paper- heavy weight (local store bulk)
Ink- Versamark, Memento gray, Tumbled Glass, Blueprint Sketch Distress ink (TH), Zigs
Accessories and Tools- clear and white embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, sponge applicator (TH)

28 comments:

Pat said...

I must say Karen you do make the most gorgeous blue cards and you have blended the colours together beautifully and the Magenta stamp is so pretty and you have shaded perfectly with the two different colours of blue and then the background ones in grey to add dimension. I love the repeat stamping of the sentiment too. x

Craftychris said...

Absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous stamping and wonderful background xxx

cljordison said...

Beautiful card. My favorite color is blue. Love everything about your blue flower card!! :-)

Mac Mable said...

Wow... Great flower stamp, love the tones of blues you achieved and the grey stamping is perfect with it. Great idea to heart emboss everything so that you can blend the background. Amazing and eye catching card x

papierelle said...

It's perfect and so beautiful!!

Gabi MeWi said...

Gorgeous.It reminds me on a cool winterday.

Gabi MeWi said...

Gorgeous.It reminds me on a cool winterday.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous repeat watercolor stamped wildflowers, Karen. I love how you stamped your flowers again in a shade of grey. Your repeat sentiment and spritzing with water really finished off your card beautifully. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Verna Angerhofer said...

A wonderful card design again and I so love the blue. And, your repeat sentiment surely works so well on it as do the lovely wildflowers.

Bonnie said...

Many shades of blue on this delightful card, Karen! Love the rainy background and another of your wonderful sentiments!

Nstiz said...

This one took my breath away!! It's SO dreamy, Karen and one I hope to case! Love the color choice as well as the incredible lighting in your background!

Christine Alexander said...

love the mix of blue and brown with what looks like the light streaming in from behind, awesome card

Susan said...

Love the blue and grey together! Gorgeous!

Sue said...

This is stunning, Karen! That wildflower stamp is gorgeous and you have used it beautifully. I like how you've stamped the sentiment multiple times and you've captured the light quality perfectly too.

SewPaperPaint said...

Love the repeating white sentiment - great with the blue. Hugs, Autumn

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So profound, love the repeating verse.

Brenda said...

This is one amazing card! I love the water effect. Thanks so much for joining us over at The Little Red Wagon this week!

Dortesjs said...

wow skønt lyseblå kort. virkeligt lækkert.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! It's so pretty and beautifully stamped.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Lisa Lara said...

WHOA! oh my GOSH Karen. You have totally knocked my socks off. Stunning. I feel like I say the same things each time because each of your creations are stunning.

shirley-bee said...

I love this, Karen! The white heat-embossed sentiment looks stunning on the blue. Perfection as ever! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper :)

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card. Blue is my favourite colour too.

Sarn said...

This is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing how it was achieved xxx

Marina said...

Beautiful!

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous! I shared it on the FB Magenta group.. hope you don't mind. :)

Linby said...

A gorgeous work of art, love the shades of blue and the layout.

Annette said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your card and the beautiful blues. The flowers are stunning.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Larissa said...

So very pretty Karen, I love the colour and the pretty flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa