Sunday 23 July 2017

Thoughts of You


Meet today's card.
Every time I see a black and white card, I think it looks so dramatic and beautiful and there is something about a monochromatic card that gets my attention.
I did have to throw in a tiny bit of blue too of course.
So here's what I did to create my card.
I began by placing the SU flower from the Blooming with Kindness set into my Misti and stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock with black ink.  I clear embossed it to help it pop.  
Next, using a black Copic marker, I filled in the background, carefully colouring around the flower petals.  The black background brought such attention to the beautiful details in that flower.
When it was all coloured in, I used the die from Avery Elle to die cut the panel.  The stitching added such a great element and design.  I also added some white acrylic paint splatter to add further interest.
I mounted that onto a piece of white then onto the blue.
I stamped the sentiment then pop dotted my piece over that.


Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks again for taking time to come and visit!

Adding my card to these challenges:


Stamping Sensations- ANYTHING WITH FLOWERS
The Corrosive Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Blooming With Kindness (SU), By the Sea 2 (Gina K)
Ink- Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- MISTI; white acrylic paint; paintbrush; black Copic marker; 
clear eb powder; heat tool; Wonky Stitches (Avery Elle)

25 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

looks great and fantastic Karen

gr karin

Verna Angerhofer said...

Thanks for explaining how you did this. I love that look and this is a gorgeous work of art!

Christine Alexander said...

Wow such a dramatic effect, I love the black background stunning :)

Susan said...

This is so striking and dramatic! I love the white on black with the little edge of turquoise for contrast!

nancy littrell said...

Who would have thought that a narrow layer of blue CS would make your black main image pop so beautifully...Karen of course! I love how you filled in your stamped and heat eb flower with black ink. Adding your white splatters added even more depth. Your die cut stitched frame was the perfect final touch. TFS your beauty my friend. Hugs..

Aquarius said...

A very dramatic effect and that sliver of blue shows it off well

Mac Mable said...

Such great patience and the most eye catching card. Love the dramatic look of the mostly black card with the hint of blue...gorgeous and stunning x

CherylQuilts said...

What a striking card indeed this is, Karen! I love the black and just a peek of blue. Stunning!! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Craftychris said...

This is awesome! Love the black and white with the lovely hint of blue! xxx

Davi said...

That is gorgeous Karin, love the black & white with snap of blue :)

Brawny x said...

Absolutely stunning Karen x

Pat said...

What a clever idea to stamp with black ink on white card and then colour the card black so the white parts of the flower really stand out Karen, and love the matting and layering, also the pretty Wonky Stitches die works beautifully. A really elegant card. x

Bonnie said...

This is so striking, my friend! Fantastic coloring with that black Copic! It makes the flower pop right off the page!

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous card and the wonky rectangle frames it perfectly!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

The blue border is a wonderful addition to the B&W, - Gorgeous.
Faith
x

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! This is amazing!!

LaVon Hall said...

This is dramatic in the black & white. The blue border and stitched frame are masterful. 5 stars from me!

Viv said...

This is so elegant and dramatic in B&W Karen, I love it! Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) hugs Viv xx

Cara said...

This is such a striking card, love the monochrome x

TaeEun said...

I love black and white cards!!! This is gorgeous, Karen!!! I thought you white heat embossed the flower on a black panel! Now I understand how you created this! Awesome design!!!

brenda said...

A really glorious floral creation and perfect for our Floral theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

froebelsternchen said...

This card is really GORGEOUS Karen! A fantastic black and whit design!
oxo Susi

pinky said...

Absolutely stunning creation Karen! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at crafting with Friends, Louise DT x

Sally H said...

A Gorgeous floral creation! beautiful image! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!