Tuesday 18 July 2017

Warmest Wishes

Morning.
Meet today's card.
A pretty simple card made using Tombow markers and a lovely flower.

So here's what I did.
I began by placing the flower stamp inside my Misti, coloured directly onto my stamp with Tombow markers then gave it just 2 sprays of water to help blend the colours and pressed onto my paper.   If you add too much water,  you lose the details of your stamped image.
I stamped the flower in the bottom left hand corner first, then repeated that process stamping the other flowers on either side of the first one.  
Next, using some diluted Distress ink and a paintbrush, I edged the flowers in blue.
I stamped the sentiment from the same flower set, then pierced a border around the whole thing for interest.  I think the piercing is a subtle way to help add interest and pulls the whole design together.




Thanks again for all you sweet comments and for coming by and taking a look...so appreciated!

Adding my card to these challenges:

Daisy Chain- FLORAL


Supplies
Stamps- Blooming With Kindness (Stampin Up)
Ink- Tuxedo Black Memento; Salty Ocean Distress (TH)
Paper- heavy white cs (local store)
Accessories and Tools- MISTI; Tombow markers; piercing tool (TH); paintbrush

27 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous and love the colour Karen
Gr Karin

Annie said...

Your card is so pretty! This is another technique I need to give a try! I love all this inspiration.

Aquarius said...

This is so effective and the piercing, although time consuming, is a good finishing touch.

Mac Mable said...

Stunning, great colours and what fabulous stamping x

Loll said...

Your flowers are so pretty with the different tones of blue, Karen. The piercing adds a wonderful detail. xx

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, this is gorgeous and one of the most beautiful cards I've seen with this set. I LOVE the blues! Stunning, and I agree that the piercing really pulls it together so beautifully! Hugs! xoxo

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous!

Dortesjs said...

wonderful card. I do love the fine colouring you make

Pat said...

I love the Chrysanthemums Karen and in your signature colours which are so pretty. The piercing definitely makes a great frame and love the sentiment too. A wonderful card. x

Barb said...

A very beautiful card Karen. What a lovely image. Great stamping too. Barbxx

Brawny x said...

Wow just beautiful. Great colours x

Betty said...

I agree, really stunning. I have to try that technique. Thanks for the inspiration.

Ceal said...

Gorgeous card! thanks for playing along in my challenge of summer at ATCAS!

Susan said...

Wonderful shades of blue, Karen. Love the way you went around the flowers with the pale blue.

nancy littrell said...

Your watercoloured masked flowers are so pretty, Karen. Love how your piercing brought your images and soft background together along with your wonderful sentiment. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Katrins kreative ART said...

A very wonderful card with a great sentiment, Karen.

Cara said...

This is just beautiful and so delicate too x

Daria said...

Beautiful card! Your flowers are gorgeous. TFS.

Marlies said...

Wauw a gorgeous flower card Karen. Lovely colours and elegant flower stamps. Marlies

Susan said...

Pretty card! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Billie A said...

Beautiful stunning card. I love the flowers and water coloring. So glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps.
Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments
Paper Play Sketches

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous, just love all those shades of blue :0

Bonnie said...

This is one of my favorite flower stamps and a reminder that it hasn't seen ink in too long! Love it in blue and the placement of the flowers! The watercolor in between softens the whole look. Love it!

Neets B said...

Loving the different shades of blue in your flowers and also on your layered frame. So pretty with the pierced detail too.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge, Anita x

Gabi MeWi said...

Ohhh...so adorable - I´m speechless.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OMG what wonderful depth you have with the flowers, a SUPER card.
Faith
x

Chrissie said...

Sorry I missed this back in July Karen...I have obviously been taking too many vacations!
The gradation of colour is simply awesome!
Thanks so much for joining in the CAS challenge at Happy Little Stampers.
Chrissie