Tuesday 6 March 2012

Hey Baby


This week's challenge at Cas-ual Fridays is to create a baby card and since I need to make one, it was the perfect opportunity.  I saw these adorable images at MelonHeadz Illustrating and wanted to do something with it.  She just makes the cutest and fun images!!  I printed the babies on heavy white cs and then cut them apart.  I coloured the first one using Copic markers and then I cut it out then coloured just the head of the second one so I could pop-dot it onto the image.  The word 'baby' is a stamp from Studio G., which I randomly stamped in the corner.  The whole baby is then also pop dotted for interest. 
Thanks for coming by to take a look.
supplies:  Stamp: Studio G, digi Melonheadz, Copics, corner chomper

10 comments:

Michele Gross said...

So cute! I love the fun baby background you created :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Karen - very cute image & love your stamping :)

JanR said...

What a wonderful baby card! I love the repeated "baby" stamp.

Winnie said...

What a fun card! Love, love, the background.

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your design, Karen! The stamping of baby sentiment in the background adds a lovely touch! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

What a darling card, Karen! And I'm so glad that you have a blog now! Hurray! I'm so glad you added your name to the Moxie Fab World Blog Roll! I look forward to visiting from time to time! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Karen this card is a "bundle of joy"!

Mamilou (Louise) said...

Love it Karen. Better understanding on how to "scraplift" it now.... I did a card using this "paper-piecing" technique... it really looks good. I'll post it this weekend on the 2SF gallery.... now that I finally know how (don't laugh now)
Louise

Unknown said...

Brilliant Karen what fun cards you make love your style
Hugs Elaine

Anne said...

Fabulous idea for all those baby stamps I've been hoarding. I smell a CASE! :)