Sunday 26 April 2015

Breezy


Morning.  
Meet today's card.  It may look involved but was super easy to create..just the way I like it!
 Still playing with my new Brushos (crystal paint pigment) but this time, I am using bleach to remove some of the colour.  

Here is what I did for the background.  I sprinkled Brushos in yellow, blue and a hint of green onto my 90lb. watercolour paper.  I sprayed with water to activate the ink and watched the magic happen.  
I dried it all with my heat gun then inked up the Circular Design with bleach and stamped it onto the Brusho background.  The bleach removed some of the ink to reveal a wonderful pattern ready to be stamped over.

HINT:  I made my bleach stamp pad by folding paper towels and placing them in a shallow dish.  I poured a bit of bleach into the dish just to lightly dampen the paper towels.  I immediately washed my stamp with soap and water to neutralize the bleach when I was done so the stamp would not be ruined.

When that was dry, I inked up the Breezy fern stamp with Stazon ink and stamped over the bkg.  To create a bit of a shadow behind the leaves, I stamped again using Grey Memento ink.
Lastly, I added the This Day sentiment to finish off my card.

*All stamps from Penny Black*

 
Adding my card to these challenges:

Little Red Wagon- SEEING SPOTS
(my bkg.)

Seize the Birthday- MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND

One Crazy Stamper- ANYTHING GOES



Thanks once again, for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ bleach/ Stazon ink/ Memento grey/ Brushos (got mine on Amazon)

15 comments:

Neets B said...

Another fab card using Brushos and thanks for sharing how you added the bleach. I love the shadow you added to the leaves too, great effect x

Unknown said...

Great card and really clear description of how you made it, thanks for sharing. Karen x

Bobby said...

I love that you try all these techniques, Karen, and explain how you did them. Now if I could only remember them to try myself. No Brushos or Bisters but bleach I can manage. ;)

Joanne said...

So pretty, Karen! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

OH Babs said...

Another beautiful card Karen. I keep reading about brushos and blisters but do not know what they are. Does this mean I have to buy more products? :)

Anke said...

Wonderful card, Karen. I love your Brusho Background.

Hugs
Anke

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super stunning. I love how you made the shadow affect too!

Anonymous said...

I can always count on you for fabulous backgrounds!!!

Mone said...

wow, beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at challenge up your life

shirley-bee said...

This is wonderful, Karen! I love the extra effect that the bleach stamping has added. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday mf!

Loll said...

Gorgeous mf! Love your brushos backgrounds, and the bleach worked perfectly. Have been experimenting with that myself and it's a great way to remove some colour. Love the double stamped fern. xx

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your background is stunning! Love my Brushos! The bleach added a very nice effect. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Cheri Burry said...

This is beautiful! Love the bleach technique! Thanks for playing along in our challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Maria said...

Gorgeous background! Such a pretty color with lovely color!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous! I didn't see that the subtle patterning in the background was circular until I read about it and sure enough, now I see it.