Monday 5 December 2016

Down the Chimney


'Up on the housetop,
Click, click, click,
Down through the chimney,
It's old St. Nick!

I love Christmas songs and so many are stuck in my head right now.  
I wanted to use this cute Santa stamp I got last year but never got a chance to use.  

Using my Misti, I stamped Santa from Eureka stamps onto a piece of heavy white cardstock then coloured him using pencil crayons and Gamasol.  The Gamasol helps to blend out the colour of the pencil giving a nice, finished look.
I fussy cut him out and applied some clear Nuvo to his nose to make it shine.
I added some Marvvy Snow maker to his beard, hat and coat and applied heat to make it puff up.  
It gave the areas such great texture and interest.

Using my Misti again, I stamped the newsprint background using a stamp I got years and years ago with no name on it.  
I pop dotted Santa over the text.




Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

The Crafter's Cafe- CHRISTMAS/BIRTHDAY 

Paper Creator- CHRISTMAS

Sweet Stampers- CHRISTMAS

Creative Corner- VINTAGE/RETRO


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Eureka and ??/ pencil crayons/ Gamasol/ Marvvy Snow Pen/ MISTI/ ink- Memento/ pop dots


13 comments:

Amber said...

Oh that Santa is just adorable! All that texture is fantastic! Thanks for joining us over on the Creative Corner Challenge this week!~Amber, DT

Bonnie said...

Looks like a tight fit for Santa! This is fun, Karen!

Bobby said...

That snow marker makes all the difference, Karen. I love using mine but I wish it was a little whiter.

Kuni said...

Wonderful card and a cute Santa.
Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous, love the texture on Santa :)
Faith
x

Loll said...

Awesome! Such a cute Santa ... looks like he's having a tough time fitting into the chimney. :) xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, how fun! And you really decorated Santa up great with all that fluff on his beard, hat and cuffs. This is sure to be a hit especially with the younger crowd....those under 100 at any rate.

Deloris said...

What a cutie! Made me smile! Thanks for joining us at Paper Creator!

Karren said...

This is so cute, Karen! Adorable image and fun background.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

So sweet and wonderful
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers.
Hugs Anja

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is adorable. Santa looks like he might be having a bit of a tight squeeze there. Santa's nose makes me laugh. Is it the cold or has he been hitting the nog a bit much?

debby4000 said...

What a great Santa and your card using him is fabulous.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Unknown said...

UFC 207

UFC 207 live

UFC 207

UFC 207 live

UFC 207 live

UFC 207 live Streaming

UFC 207 live Free Stream

Watch UFC 207

Watch UFC 207 live

UFC 207 Fight Card

Ronda Rousey vs Amanda Nunes live

Nunes vs Rousey live

Rousey vs Nunes live Streaming

UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey live