Saturday 25 March 2017

Layered Flowers

Happy Saturday!
Meet the card for today. 

This is a new stamp layering set I just picked up from Altenew called Watercolor Wonders.  
This set is beautiful and was originally inspired by watercolor paintings by a Japanese artist named Akira Mineeda.  
At first, I must admit that I felt a bit intimidated when I saw all the stamps in the set but when I saw the guide sheet included on the back, I started to play around with it and was pleased with the result.

I began with my usual heavy weight cardstock and placed it inside my Misti.  Following the guide, I started with the largest stamp, inked it with Spun Sugar Distress Ink, gave it one spray of water and stamped.  
I repeated that process for the next 2 layers which were stamped with Picked Raspberry then Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Riley and Company that I have had in my stash but have never used with black Memento ink.




Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Monday- LAYER IT UP

Addicted to Stamps and More- CLEAN AND SIMPLE 

Aud Sentiments- ANY SENTIMENT EXCEPT BIRTHDAY


Have a great weekend and thanks for taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Altenew, Riley and Comp./ ink- Distress, Memento/ Misti/ TH mister

13 comments:

Pat said...

Really pretty layered Altenew flowers Karen, and the sentiment and the two different pink mats go with perfectly and give it a great modern feel. x

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful layered flower design, Karen. I love your colors, black accents with your wonderful sentiment and flower centers. Looks like you learned the layering technique very quickly my friend. TFS your beauty. Hugs..

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE that sentiment!! This is totally STUNNING!!!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful sentiment, Karen! You always have the most meaningful sentiments! Love the artsy layered flowers! I can see where they would be a bit intimidating, my it looks like you have mastered them!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous and I love that sentiment you used on it.

Catherine said...

I love the layered flowers and beautiful bright colors. Love the sentiment too! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Cheryl W. said...

This is so pretty, Karen, and that sentiment is beautiful. I really love the Altenew layering stamps. I only have one set (roses), so I need to add a couple more sets to my wish list. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa Lara said...

WOW such gorgeous colors Karen. SQUEE

Gwendolyn said...

Thats a gorgeous card Karen and I especially love the sentiment!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A gorgeous card and sentiment.
Faith
x

Sarn said...

Another gorgeous! X

Barb said...

Another very lovely card. The colours are beautiful and another wonderful sentiment. Barbxx

Marina said...

What a great combo of colours - this is beautifully stamped and has quite a contemporary feel.