Friday 26 May 2017

Abstract- No Stamping

Meet today's card.
No Stamping...can you believe it!!??
The challenge at Splitcoast today did it to me.  It's called, "Look Ma, No Stamping".
 So this is the very simple card I came up with. 

I started with a piece of Yupo paper.  It is unlike any paper as it is a synthetic, waterproof paper with unique qualities and ideal for using with Alcohol inks.  It has a plastic coating so when ink is applied, you never know what results you will achieve.  The ink goes where it wants.
I dropped Alcohol inks onto the paper and used some Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution to help move the inks around.  When dry, I cut the piece into panels and mounted them in an interesting layout on my card front.
I die-cut the 'smile' with heavy white cs then glued it over the panels.
Quick and easy card to make.



Adding my card to these challenges:



Crafty Creations- ANYTHING GOES

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
 Stamps- NONE
Ink- Alcohol (Ranger)
Paper- Yupo; heavy white cs
Accessories and Tools- Blending Solution (Ranger), Smile Die (STAMPlorations), Cuttlebug

21 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love this and I too love using yupo paper and the results are never the same. Fabulous no stamps card.x [aNNie]

Pat said...

Oooh Karen, I adore the colours and the panels are a great design idea and the good sized white die cut sentiment works beautifully over the top. A fabulous card! x

Judy Rozema said...

Just gorgeous, Karen!

Loll said...

Wow ... so cool! Very creative, Karen!

Dortesjs said...

A fabulous card totally great colours Whiiii love love

marilyn said...

Fabulous!! Hardest part about this card for me, would be lining up the panels! Any tips/suggestions how you get them so straight?

OH Babs said...

Fun card Karen. I too have been playing with Yupo paper and alcohol inks - it is addictive. But I did not experiment with dies so I will probably have to make some more cards and start die cutting.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh wow! Love the colors of this.

Bonnie said...

No stamping necessary, Karen! What a beautiful and interesting blend of colors!

Susan said...

Glorious vibrant colours, Karen, and a great layout!

Susanne Vargas said...

It might be quick and easy to make but it is certainly stunning! The perfect way to use this gorgeous piece of Yupo paper!

nancy littrell said...

I love your artsy alcohol ink card, Karen. Cutting your piece into panels was a great idea. I will have to try sometime. TFS my friend and always inspiring me. Hugs...

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Karen fab background you have made.
Gr Karin

Christine Alexander said...

awesome colours and love the layout of your AI panel.

Cicci said...

Th is a A wonderful creation !! It's just gorgeous!! Perfect is ggr right Word :)))
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
Through The Craft Room Door
this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
DT member at TTCRD
Cicci With The Pen {Welcome to visit my blog}

Mac Mable said...

Unique and so eye catching. Great effect with those AI's x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW, I love the colours and the abstract design.
Faith
x

Andreja said...

You made such a fantastic male card :-)) I like your "smile" die cuts.
I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow Karen !! This is so unique and beautiful..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

Rocky said...

Love that gorgeous pattern, Yupo looks like fun. Thank you for sharing your card with us at TMR.

Sylvia said...

Karen, I love the watercolor pieces on this card. Your layering is very nice. Sylvia D.