Sunday 25 June 2017

Music of Life

Good Morning.
Meet today's card that uses my favourite colors and my favourite Distress inks.
I'm was inspired by the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast.

I began by placing my Unity flowers inside my Misti, inked with Faded Jeans Distress ink and stamped.  I repeated that process to give a deep, rich colour then clear heat embossed.  
Next, I inked the flower using London Fog Memento ink and stamped in the background to give a sort of shadow effect.  You can just faintly see them behind the first flower stamping.  I inked over the whole piece using more Distress ink and a blending tool.
I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink then white heat embossed it to make it pop.  Really great saying from Rubbernecker.
Lastly, I randomly stamped the text in the background to help add interest and break up the look of the flowers a bit.  I added some light to the flower heads by coloring in with a white gel pen, splattered with white acrylic paint and white heat embossed the edges.



Well that's it.  Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Adding my card to these challenges:
 Addicted to Stamps and More- MAKE YOUR MARK
Daisy Chain- MONOCHROME
 Monochrome Magic- ANYTHING GOES


 Supplies
Stamps- Insightful Meadows (Unity); Sentiment (Rubbernecker); Text Bkg (Hero Arts)
Inks- Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers Distress ink (TH); Versamark
Paper- heavy weight white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; white eb powder; white gel pen (Ranger); heat tool;
 sponge applicator; white acrylic paint; paintbrush

21 comments:

Pat said...

Gorgeous blue tones Karen and love the stamp which is complemented beautifully by the background stamping and also the pretty white highlights and spattering, and love that sentiment too. x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Karen this is very beautiful
Gr Karin

Aquarius said...

Gorgeous card in a great colour scheme. The touches of white just make it.

nancy littrell said...

It just amazes me, Karen how you get so much beautiful dimension on a one layer card design with all your layers of stamping:-) TFS my friend.

Dortesjs said...

Another beautifulcard with your lovely blue ;O))

Mac Mable said...

Glorious colours, such an interesting layout, lots to admire and the card looks so calm....glorious! x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous with the wonderful blue colors.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful stamps and gorgeous shades of blue
Carol x

Bonnie said...

So many dimensions to this, my friend! I really love the ghost stamping of the flowers and the feeling of texture!

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty, the background stamping is perfect with the silhouette flowers. I also love the pop of white with your sentiment :)

Loll said...

So much depth and dimension with this one layer beauty, Karen. Love the stamp (I have that one now too!). :) Fantastic look with the shadow stamping. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Love it Karen. I always look forward to a new post here just to read and love what you have made and always try and give it a go.xx
x [aNNie]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS card, love the texture of the flowers and of course your vivid blue.
Faith
x

Lisa J said...

Another stunning Monochrome Card. Thank you for sharing with me at Monochrome Magic this month. Lisa

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So lovely. I like the rough white edges. Such a nice touch.

Susan said...

Beautiful! Love the colours, the bits of text, and the use of the white gel pen to highlight the flowers.

Anke said...

Wonderful blue card, Karen. So lovely ...

Hugs
Anke

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

WOW! What a gorgeous depth and texture. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Annick said...

Awesome card with a lot of depth and amazing colours !

Bobby said...

Wonderful card, Karen.

Vicky Jame said...

I have some great ringtones, do you want to add ringtones to your phone, update ringtones at RingtoneMob.net

Top ring tones are favorites on the home page
Tera Ghata ringtone
Tera Zikr ringtone
Tu Mera Hai Sanam ringtone
Swag Se Swagat ringtone
Yaara Teri Yaari Ko ringtone

With your smartphone, choose the ringtone that best suits you