Tuesday 27 June 2017

Rose Garden

Hello and Welcome.
Meet today's card inspired by a lovely Victorian Rose Garden I visited on the weekend.
This stamp is actually called Marigolds but they really reminded me of an open rose so I went with that plus I love the open area for watercolouring.

I began by masking the edges of my card front then placing the stamp inside my Misti, inked with Versamark then stamped and white heat embossed onto watercolour paper.  I masked the first flower and repeated that process.
I coloured in just the base of the flowers using my Zigs then using a wet paintbrush, I pulled the colour into the rest of the flower petals.
I stamped the sentiment from Daisy Bucket then sponged in the background using Peeled Paint Distress ink and a sponge applicator.
I think the pink makes for a bright summertime card.


Thanks so very much for all your sweet, kind comments and for the visit.

Adding my card to these challenges:

STAMPlorations- ANYTHING GOES/NEVER ENDING

Make My Monday- SUMMER BRIGHTS
Fashionable Stamping- MAKE IT FEMININE
A Bit More Time to Craft- ANYTHING GOES
My Time to Craft- SUMMERTIME

 
Supplies
Stamps- Marigold (STAMPlorations); Enjoy the Moment 
(Daisy Bucket...no longer in business but you can sometimes find them on Ebay)
Inks- Versamark; Tuxedo Black Memento; Distress (TH)
Paper- Canson Watercolour paper 140lb
Accessories and Tools- MISTI; white eb powder; Zig markers; paintbrush; sponge applicator;
 heat tool; painter's tape

26 comments:

Barb said...

It's very beautiful Karen. A lovely summertime card! Barbxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So bright and lovely. I don't see the marigold in this stamp. I'm with you--it's totally a rose.

Pat said...

This is really very bright and pretty Karen and the soft green background suits it perfectly. x

Charlene said...

I like it! Thanks for the step by step - going to try it myself!

LauraJane:) said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE this one Karen!!

Cara said...

This is so pretty. I used to love going to the Rose Garden at Mottisfont Abbey when I lived nearby, you've brought back many happy memories with this card x

nancy littrell said...

OMG Karen...Love how you stamped and masked your marigolds..heat embossed and watercoloured with your Zigs. I have this single marigold stamp, but have not tried masking it yet. TFS and always inspiring me my friend. Hugs..

Mac Mable said...

Love how you've used the marigold stamp and made it your own...would never have thought of that. Your card is stunning! Thank you for the inspiring post x

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful coloring!

Joan said...

Beautiful flowers, love the colouring. I've just treated myself to zig pens but haven't quite got the hang of them yet!

Ina G said...

Absolutely stunning Karen. Love the hot pink. So summery!

Nora Noll said...

I love the hot pink on this!! Amazing flowers!!

Joan said...

What a pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Bonnie said...

Oh my! This is my absolute favorite of all your beautiful cards, my friend! I need to put some ink on that marigold that I bought recently! Love it in pink and it makes me think more of a rose than a marigold too. WOW!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love the roses.

Gabi MeWi said...

No blue on your card today? LOL.
I really love the bright pink on your card.

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, Karen. I love your card with the pink marigolds or roses.

Hugs
Anke

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous card, love the flowers and the bright colours too. happy crafting, Angela x

Susan said...

Gorgeous! Love the vibrancy of the colours!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS card, love the 2 greens together, absolutely Beautiful as always, in no matter what colours.
Faith
x

Viv said...

Just adore this card Karen, I am swooning over all the yummy bright pink too....just perfection ;) hugs Viv xx

Cazro said...

A gorgeous flower and card, such a perfect image for summertime. Thanks for sharing with us at My Time To Craft. Caz DT.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

WOW so beautiful! Thanks for sharing at FSC.
Greeting Carola

Bobby said...

Love those big bright blooms, Karen.

Brawny x said...

Beautiful card Karen x