Friday 28 July 2017

Beautiful Day

Good Morning.
I have my trusty drywall tape out again as my starting point for this card.  I like it as you can add small, subtle details using it for creating your backgrounds.

I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and a piece of drywall tape.  I randomly laid the tape onto my card front and pressed over the tape with my Versamark pad.  I sprinkle on some clear embossing powder, then heat embossed creating a resist.  
Next, I dragged my mini Distress ink pads directly over the paper revealing the resist and the drywall patterns emerged.  I sprayed with just a bit of water to help the colors blend.
I placed the inked piece into my Misti and stamped the flowers, then added the sentiment using Archival black ink.  Love the look of the silhouettes.  I also clear heat embossed the sentiment and the flowers.

** helpful tip- When stamping over an embossed bkg., it is a good idea to clear heat emboss the images as it helps make them pop over the embossing. **

I mounted the piece onto a plain white card front to keep it looking fresh.


Thanks for taking the time to come and visit.  

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES
City Crafter- SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH 'S'
(silhouette)
CRAFT- SUMMER
Southern Girls- FLOWER POWER
Craftaholics R Us- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Clover Silhouette (Magenta); Wildflowers (TH); sentiment-Blue Bay (Kaisercraft)
Ink- Versamark; Archival bl; Distress inks-Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac, Stormy Skies (TH)
Paper- Heavy white cs (local store)
Accessories and Tools- MISTI, clear eb powder, heat tool, drywall tape


23 comments:

Aquarius said...

Yet again you've come up with an interesting background technique

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen, and a great technique. Lovely meadow flowers image and a super shade of blue, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card design.

Susan said...

Love your drywall tape backgrounds! Beautiful colours with the bit of Lilac in with the blues!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stenciled, stamped and heat embossed "Karen" card :-) TFS my friend. Hugs..

Craftychris said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Gorgeous background for the fab silhouettes. xxx

SD pooja said...

Awesome background ! cool techniques dea to use drywall tape as mask :)

Barb said...

A fabulous card Karen. What a great background. Barbxx

Loll said...

Gorgeous design with the emboss resist, Karen. Drywall tape is so cool! And I love the colours of your direct to paper ink dragging. xx

Glennis F said...

A great technique, I love the result

Bonnie said...

Love these silhouetted flowers with this background! The inking direct to paper gives a great look!

Nstiz said...

Beautiful, Karen! I can't get over the coverage you achieved with your silhouette stamp over the embossed background, even by embossing it. Love that background and the flow of colors in it.

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty Karen, the silhouette against the blue background is beautiful.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Gorgeous card, I Love the combination of blue and black, so elegant. A beautiful sentiment too.
Faith
x

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love the hint of purple in the background x

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the tip as I was wondering how it would work stamping of the resit. Gorgeous blue colours and yes the black silhouette really does pop....Amazing card x

Shawna said...

Drywall tape?�� my mind is officially blown!! Fantastic card and a wonderful silhouette. Awesome card and thank you for sharing your techniques. You are truly an inspiration.

Jo Nevill said...

Beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Cheryl S. said...

Karen, I really have been enjoying all your creativity. Your cards are so "fresh" and I love anything CAS. Do you have any tips for using the dry wall tape as I have not tried it yet but am anxious to. Thank you for sharing your ideas and inspirations.

Jeni Mc said...

A beautiful clean card Karen .Just love the colours. Thank you for joining in with CRAFT challenge this time , Jeni GDT

Marina said...

Wonderful colour and detail on the background . Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Karen Oliver said...

Stunning in its simplicity. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

Anonymous said...

Just curious what kind of ink you stamped the black flowers with. Do you have to use Stazon since you are stamping over the clear embossing on your background? Your black flowers look like they stamped so perfectly and I thought the clear embossing would resist ink other than maybe Stazon (which I personally don't like using since it stains my stamps :)).