Saturday 19 August 2017

This Special Day

Hello and Welcome
Playing with some Penny Black stamps and my much loved Distress inks.

I began by placing the Delicate Florals inside my Misti, inked with Versamark, stamped then clear heat embossed with my heat tool.  That created a resist that I could ink over the top of.
Using my foam inking tool, I began on the top right corner, rubbing Peacock Feathers Distress ink onto my white cardstock.  I continued next with Salty Ocean then Faded Jeans at the bottom trying to blend all the colours as I went along.  

I stamped the sentiment from the Treasured Sentiment collection with Memento black ink then using some water, I splattered it over my card front to lift some of the colour and add interest.



Have a great weekend and thanks so much for the visit.

Supplies
Stamps- Delicate Florals, Treasured Sentiments (PB)
Ink- Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans Distress (TH); Versamark
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- clear eb powder; heat tool; sponge applicator; Misti

23 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeousssss Karen
Gr Karin

Pat said...

A beautiful combination of blue tones Karen, and I love the darker edge which makes it stand out against the white background. That PB stamp is so pretty and detailed, with the clear embossing and another great sentiment. x

aussie aNNie said...

Karin a beautiful blue combo love the gorgeous stamp and hey, I have that one, but love the way you have used it here. Fabulous sentiment. Have a great weekend.xx

Susan said...

All my favourite shades of Distress blue! Love the subtlety of the flowers being embossed in clear instead of white.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful emboss resist design, Karen. Love your ombre sponged background for your pretty heat embossed flowers. The perfect sentiment too. TFS my friend. Looks like you are having the most wonderfully creative holiday at home:-) Hugs...

cuilliesocks said...

So beautiful Karen, loving your colours and design, the embossed flowers are gorgeous, Kate x

froebelsternchen said...

Such a beautiful creation Karen! Happy weekend!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, Karen! This is absolutely wonderful.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, how gorgeous! I have this stamp, and I love how you've used it! What richness of color, Karen! I surely love your cards with Distress Inks...and as always Penny Black! Hugs!

Bonnie said...

WOW! I love this! I have this stamp too and I'd never thought to use it this way. Thanks for the inspiration!

Annie said...

Your work with the distress inks looks amazing! Love the look with the white florals resist.

Evelyn S. said...

It's a beautiful card! The image works so beautifully with the technique...and I always love your blue.

Ina G said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous Karen.

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty Karen, I have this stamp and now want to pull it out :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Faburous ink distressing with emboss resist technique, Karen! Love this card! Hideko

Cara said...

Just stunning. I love the shading on the flowers x

UplayOnline said...

Love the look with the white florals resist.


ดูหนัง

Brawny x said...

Wow fabulous card. Great design x

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous resist card with a beautiful colour blend! xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I can only sigh, when I see your work, it's so very beautiful and clever with fabulous design and sentiments and this is no different, LOVE it.
Faiht
x

Bobby said...

Your inking is fabulous, Karen.

Dawn Darlene said...

This is a beauty!!!

Daria said...

Stunning card! Simply gorgeous.