Monday 15 December 2014

The Big Day


The big day is almost here and Santa is all ready to go.  
Today, I am playing along with the Clean and Simple challenge at Splitcoast - Holiday Sparkle.

I began by printing off the Santa digital from Birdie Brown.  (He is not available as a digi anymore but is offered in a stamp set from MFT.)   I cut Santa out and coloured him using Copic markers.  I added some sparkle with the cute little pom-pom.  The die-cut was left in the die and sponged with Mowed Lawn and Shabby Shutters Distress inks then splattered with water to represent snow.  
For my card front I partially embossed my background and added scoring lines to define the embossed area.  

I am adding my card to these challenges:


Little Red Wagon- SNOWFLAKES

Simon Says- BLING IT ON
(sparkle pom-pom)

The Male Room- CHRISTMAS

Brown Sugar- RED, WHITE AND GREEN

Sentimental Sundays- ANYTHING GOES


Hope you are feeling ready for the big day.  
I so appreciate that you took time from your busy day to come over and take a look.

Supplies:  stamps- PTI, Digi/ Distress inks/ die-Spellbinders/ eb folder/ ScorPal/ sparkle pom-pom/ Copic Markers/ pop dots


15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable - we both share a love of these little Santas! Jo x

JanR said...

Wonderful card, Karen! I love that stamped-splashed background technique. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon again.

Vicki Dutcher said...

It's fun to see your coloring talent! That Santa looks extremely happy! Great card and thanks for playing in at the Male Room!

Jacquie Southas said...

Perfectly designed card - love everything from the fun Santa image to the fabulous inked sentiment panel and embossed background. So many fabulous techniques in a CAS card!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a very cheery Santa. Everything about your card is excellent!

Bobby said...

I love all the little extra details you included on this card, Karen.

Sarah said...

Love this jolly chap!! xx

Barb said...

Gorgeous card and color. Thanks for sharing with us at the Brown Sugar Challenge. Barb

Marie-Louise said...

This is superb Karen. I love the cute image.

joy said...

What a happy card - makes me smile!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I had to come over and check out your blog! I had a look through several posts and - Wow - I love your designs! You have a new follower! I'm No. 300! All the best over the holidays! Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous cards!

Loll said...

This guy is so fun! :) Love the bright red and green that you've used to colour him. The red sparkly pompom is so adorable! Loll xx

Jeanne J. said...

Karen, cant find a contact me on your page... would you mind dropping me a line?

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-) I love this Santa image and the embossed background and CAS design is perfect ! Love his pompom too, super cute :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Viv said...

Fabulous card Karen, love the clean look to the card and that fab Santa of course too ;) Viv xx