Saturday 29 April 2017

Moments of Time

Happy Saturday!
So happy it's the weekend and time to play.

I always like to check out the challenges at Splitcoast Stampers for inspiration.
This morning the challenge was called Healing Words
I chose this great sentiment as my inspiration.  
 I truly believe in finding something good in each day to be grateful for. I believe that finding the positive in life can truly heal the soul and it is important especially now, when we live in a world with so much negative happening.

So onto my card.
I began by masking the edges of my cardstock with Painter's tape.  Again, don't forget to remove some of the tack by sticking it to your clothes a few times so it doesn't tear your card when removed.
I masked the edges, stamped the first set of leaves with Versamark then heat embossed them in white.  I stamped the bkg using my Misti and repeat stamped using grey London Fog Memento ink. The variation of the grey was done by stamping once for some leaves and stamping twice with the others to achieve a darker shade.
I sponged in the background with Distress ink, splattered with white acrylic paint then removed the tape.  The sentiment was stamped in black to help it pop over the grey.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

CASology- SEASON

STAMPlorations- NEVER ENDING

Watercooler Wed.- MASCULINE ANYTHING GOES

CCEE Stampers- GARDEN


Have a great weekend and I hope you can find something to 'delight' in today.

Supplies
Stamps- Trendy Leaves, Fond Expressions 2 (Stamplorations)
Ink- London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Versamark, Weathered Wood Distress (TH)
Paper- heavy weight white (bulk local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti, white eb powder, heat tool, Painter's tape, white acrylic paint 
sponge applicator (TH)

25 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a Beautiful thought and a WONDERFUL card, love the shading of the flowers with such pretty colours and the sentiment is lovely.
Faith
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful! I just love the way you designed your pretty leafy card.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous EB resist and repeat stamping of your leaves, Karen. I love your color combo of white, grey and black and your perfect sentiment (one of my favorites). TFS your beauty my friend. Hugs...

Pat said...

I love the soft and pretty tones of grey you have used Karen and the white embossed leaves in the foreground really stand out against the black sentiment. Hope you are enjoying your weekend. x

Christine M said...

Beautifully card Karen ... love the soft, muted effect you have created ... tfs

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a great card. I swear I've had designer paper that looks just like this before. Gorgeous!

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Karen. You are a master of techniques! Love the heat embossing mixed with the stamping. Your placement with the Misti is absolutely perfect. The colours, too, are stunning. Thanks so much for joining in for our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Susan said...

Love the colour scheme on this card. Great layering of images with the emboss resist and then the variation in colour tones.

SewPaperPaint said...

I would never have thought to mask a card, I would have just cut and layered, but what a beautiful result! Love these blues and you are so right about choosing gratitude! Hugs, Autumn

Susanne Vargas said...

What a wonderful background! I very much agree with your musings. Even on a bad day there is something to be grateful for because it could always be worse...

Bonnie said...

I totally agree, Karen! Finding the blessings and delight in each day brings joy into our lives! Love your card! What a wonderful technique with the different shades of gray and the added texture and contrast of the white embossed leaves!

LaVon Hall said...

I am so trying this.... I am sure it wouldn't be a gorgeous as this one but we have to start somewhere. Thanks for the tip about removing some of the tac from the tape. I use micropore tape but I have had tearing occasionally which upsets me to no end.

LaVon Hall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mac Mable said...

Loving the shades of grey against the white...so peaceful and creative x

Heather Hopson said...

What a beautiful card Karen. I love what you have done with the the masking and embossing. The colors look beautiful and when I did a close up on the card it is truly stunning! Thank you for joining us on Watercooler Wednesday.

paper bag create said...

Great masculine card and love the techniques used for the background. The sentiment is perfect. Thanks for playing along with the Watercooler Wednesday challenge and hope to see you again. :)

Bobby said...

I love all the dimension you created with your stamping, Karen.

Marsha Reed said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Love the techniques used and the color is fantastic! Love the blues at blue is my favorite color. Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Oh my! This turned out beautifully! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Gail said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing how you did it. This is definitely a must-try technique. Thanks for playing along at the Watercooler this week.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! It's so elegant and beautifully stamped.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Created by Kath said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

Loll said...

Gorgeous design, Karen. Love this technique with the multi-stamping in monochromatic. It's so beautiful. I have tried this technique with not much success, but you have inspired me to give it another try! xx

Ellie Knol said...

WOW, such a gorgeous card, and using so little color!

Nstiz said...

Your cards are spectacular Karen! I leave them in my email since you use fabulous techniques that I'd love to try! This one is a keeper. Thanks for always describing your process!