Saturday 27 May 2017

Watercoloured Roses

Good Morning.
Meet today's card inspired by this beautiful basket and the challenge at Splitcoast.




Here is what I did.  
I began by stamping the roses onto a piece of watercolour paper with Versamark ink and white heat embossed them.   Using my Zigs, I did a loose watercolour on them by putting down a bit of colour then pulling the inks into the stamped image with a wet paintbrush.
Next, I pressed some Distress ink directly from the pad onto my non-stick craft sheet and used the wet paintbrush to fill in the background.  There was some leftover ink on my sheet when I was done that I didn't want to waste, so I sprayed water over it and pressed my whole card front into the wet ink.  It gave a lovely texture and added depth to the whole piece.
I stamped the sentiment from Stampendous using my Misti and Tuxedo black ink.
I scored my card front (sorry, it's a bit hard to see in the photo) and then glued the piece over that.



Adding my card to these challenges:

Time Out- INSPIRED BY WORDS

A Vintage Journey- USE A QUOTE

Just Add Ink- CHOOSE TWO
(flowers, watercolour)

The Crafty Addicts- ADD A SENTIMENT

Have a great weekend and thanks for coming to visit.

Supplies
Stamps- Flower Path (Stampendous); Bamboo Roses (Altenew)
Ink- Peacock Feathers Distress, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark
 Paper- Canson 140lb watercolour
Accessories and Tools- Misti, white eb powder, heat tool, paintbrush, Zigs, non-stick craft mat (Ranger),
ScorPal, ScorBug




23 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Karen it's beautiful
Gr Karin

Loll said...

Gorgeous, my friend. Love the bright colours of your beautiful watercoloured flowers and background. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful display of roses and I just love that uplifting sentiment you used with your card too. Awesome water coloring.

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful take on the image, the colours are so pretty.

Pat said...

I love your colouring of the pretty roses Karen and another pretty blue background and perfect sentiment. x

nancy littrell said...

Love your heat embossed roses, zig loose watercoloring and all your layers of Distress ink watercoloring. I clicked on your photo to enlarge and could really see all the details..even the scoring. TFS Karen. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. I will be going with my twin, Margie to our local cemetery to visit family and friends and make bouquets with flowers from our place..including wild flowers and wild greens:-) We always look forward to seeing our loved ones in spirit. Usually get to see friends and cousins too. Hugs...

Dortesjs said...

very lovely card, great details you used ;O)

Marina said...

Very pretty - those colours are so rich.

Bonnie said...

This is awesome, Karen! The flowers and background are so vibrant and I love the look of dipping it in the leftover ink!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is just gorgeous. I LOVE the colors - so bright and cheery. Thanks for describing the process. Pressing the watercolored panel in the leftover ink at the end really had a wonderful effect. The sentiment is fantastic, and so great for the inspiration words at Time Out. Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out Challneges!

Gerrina said...

So super cheerfull and sunny! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Lynn said...

Wow! Your card is stunning. Love your beautiful watercoloring!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful bright inspired design Karen! Love the colors and inking techniques you used! thank you for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Use a Quote challenge! Julia xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Love how you've combined the 2 elements Karen...Such a pretty fresh creation. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Aileen said...

Beautiful beautiful card, love those flowers and the colours you have used.

sarascloset said...

Your beautiful card fills my room with wonderful springtime sunshine and the scent of flowers! So pretty! Thank you for sharing your quote with us at A Vintage Journey! Hugs! Sara Emily

Bobby said...

I knew right away this would go to the Time Out challenge, Karen. :) It's perfect for it with those lovely roses and wonderful sentiment.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You get the most beautiful results with your paints, brushes and brain. Another beautiful card.
Faith
x

Shona Chambers said...

I can totally see your inspiration from the photo. And what a cool idea to push your finished card into the blue paint, I would never have the guts to do that but boy it looks fantastic!!! So very happy you joined us at Just Add Ink and TIME OUT this week!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, bright and fresh. Chantell Just Add Ink

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty!

Rebecca Wong said...

Beautiful, love the color combination on your card.
thanks for sharing @ The Crafty Addicts Challenge, all the best.
Rebecca, DT

Janelle Stollfus said...

This is gorgeous! I'm drawn to teal lately and had to stop by and see it up close. Thank you for sharing!