Sunday 24 September 2017

Joyous Greetings

Hello and Welcome.
Meet today's card. 
Playing with a new stamp from Penny Black called Red Delight and I must say, it was a delight to stamp with.

I began by masking the edges of my heavy weight cardstock with Painter's Tape.  
*the paper I get from my local store holds up well to a good amount of water and is smoother then watercolor paper which I like to use with this technique*
Next, I placed the paper into my Misti, coloured the stamp with Tombow markers, sprayed with water and stamped for a watercolour look.  Any type of water-based marker works with this technique because as you add water, the colours blend together to give the appearance of watercolouring.
I like to start with the lightest colour and add touches of a darker colour, repeating the above process.
Using the Misti makes the process of adding additional layers of colours a breeze.
If you don't have a Misti, then add all the colours onto the stamp at first,  layering them, spray with water and stamp just once letting the colours blend together.

For the watercolored background, I scribbled some ink with my Tombow markers directly onto my non-stick craft sheet and picked up the colour with a wet paintbrush.  I wet my cardstock first with water before applying the ink.  I added the black dots to the flower centers using a fine line black marker.
When it was all dry, I used my Misti again to stamp the sentiment from a great new PB set called Joyful Wishes.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Christmas Card Throwdown- COLOURS (RED< GREEN<PINK)
Hiding in My Craft Room- ANY HOLIDAY
Sweet Stampin Christmas- ANYTHING CHRISTMAS
The Merry Christmas Challenge- ANYTHING GOES CHRISTMAS


Supplies
Stamps- Red Delight (PB)/ Joyful Wishes (PB)
Inks- Archival Black (Ranger)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Tombow Markers/ Misti/ paintbrush/ non-stick craft mat (Ranger)
Painter's tape/ fine tip black marker (Staples)

26 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

so cute! Thanks for sharing with us.
~Janis
The Merry Christmas Challenge, Owner/DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this design. As always you do such wonderful work.

cuilliesocks said...

So beautiful Karen, lovely rich red colour and a gorgeous blooms image, Kate x

Bobby said...

So lovely, Karen. All the different colors in the background just emphasize those beautiful red poinsettia.

Cara said...

Fabulous card, thanks for sharing the technique so clearly too x

Mac Mable said...

Vibrant colours, absolutely love them and your amazing card, great technique and such a unique effect x

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Stunning MISTI watercolor layering, Karen. I love your new PB stamp and sentiment set. Love your wet on wet watercoloured background too. A really Gorgeous Christmas card my friend. TFS Hugs...

Chris said...

Fabulous watercolour effect, a very beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for playing along at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Bonnie said...

This is GORGEOUS, my friend! The poinsettias are such a vibrant, festive color and your washed background showcases them so well! Love the joyful sentiment too!

Susan said...

Beautifully done! Wonderful watercolour effect from the Tombows. And I love the repetitive sentiment running across the lower poinsettia.

aussie aNNie said...

DELIGHTFUL card and love the gorgeous colours you have achieved, truely stunning.xx [aNNie]

Craftychris said...

This is beautiful! Love the colours and lovely background. xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's so very beautiful Karen
Gr Karin

Brawny x said...

Stunning cardvx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely beautiful, love the colours. Great instructions too, thank you.
Faith
x

Pat said...

I love these beautiful and arty poinsettias Karen and the inked background goes beautifully, so soft and pretty. x

Loll said...

Gorgeous as always Karen. Your watercolouring is always amazing. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

How beautiful - and thanks for your tips on how to use the stamps and markers
Blessings
Maxine

Lori said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card! Gorgeous watercolor effect!

Miranda said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Hiding In My Craft Room! Miranda DT

Lisa said...

Wow Karen, this is sooo beautiful! Love that watercolor look... must try it! And thanks so much for stopping by my place too!

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, such beautiful watercolouring with your Tombow markers. The effect is so soft. love the wash behind the flower :)

AlisonC said...

Beautifully done and it's interesting to hear how you coloured it. Your blended colours are amazing.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown

Anonymous said...

What is the name of the local store you get your paper from and what is the name of the paper (if you don't mind sharing the info!). I live in London, ON and we have an amazing store called Stamp Art...not sure if you are anywhere nearby. Love all your artwork; you are so talented! Thank you for sharing with us! Kara

Inkypinkydelights said...

Great design! It is lovely to see you sharing at Christmas at Sweet Stamping and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

Andreja said...

What a fantastic festive card you made. I like your take of ours colors.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown, Andreja DT