Tuesday 21 May 2013

Sweet Smell


Morning.  Here is a card I created yesterday after playing with a mask and Distress inks.  I was pleased with the results.  Here is what I did.  I placed the mask on my paper and then instead of inking with Distress inks and an inking tool, I pressed my ink pads onto my acrylic block and using a paint brush, painted over my mask.  It gave a more blurred, watercolour effect and reminded me of a trellis.  When it was dry, I overstamped with my flower stamp from ISC.
I am entering this card in the Simon Says Challenge: favourite inks....mine of course are the Distress inks; love playing with the blue ones.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps; ISC, Penny Black/ The Crafter's Workshop mask/ bl Memento/ Distress inks/ corner Chomper

6 comments:

JanR said...

So lovely!

Lin said...

Another masterpiece, Karen - I love your style!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, our style shines! I love this...so striking and great use of these great stamps! Hope you are doing well, my sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, thanks for visiting my blog. I am so glad you did as now I've found yours - what fantastic cards!! I've become a follower so I don't miss any more!
xx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous background and love the black flowers stamped over it! Beautiful and elegant card. Glad you joined us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Anonymous said...

Love this card. Just discovered your blog. ISC and The Crafters Workshop are new companies to me. Would you kindly list the actual flower set the hollyhocks came from and which background template you used. I also live in Ontario, so would appreciate knowing where to buy stamps, templates etc. from these companies.