Thursday 16 November 2017

Holly Jolly- CAS Watercolour Challenge


Welcome.
It's time for another card at the 





Please come and check out all the wonderfully done holiday cards.
The DT's and our special guest and friend Ina, have created such inspiring cards.

My card was a very simple one to create.
Using a heavy piece of acetate, I rubbed some Distress Oxide inks onto it, sprayed with water and touched the acetate to my paper randomly trying to keep most of the ink in the bottom corner.
 When that was dry, I stamped the checkerboard and the circles using the same colour of ink then the sentiment in Memento black ink.
I stamped the heart, heat embossed it with clear powder then fussy cut it out so I could pop dot it over the top of my sentiment.  The embossing made my star shine which was great.



Please come and play along with us.
Great chance to get a few more holiday cards done.


Supplies
Stamps-Everything Jolly (TT); Grunge (PTI); Texture Mini (Art Journey)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Candied Apple DOX (TH)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; acetate sheet; Mister (TH); clear eb powder; heat tool

20 comments:

Loll said...

Your star really does shine!! Awesome dessign, Karen. I am loving your acetate smooshed background with layered stamping ... so creative and fun! xx

Mac Mable said...

Grungy and love the use of the one predominate colour x

Ina G said...

You certainly have the knack of adding the right dimension to your work. Love this bold coloured card Karen - it's RED! and how awesome it is with that touch of grunge. Oh that Heart is a winner. I love the shine you get when you heat emboss clear. Stunning.

nancy littrell said...

I LOVE your mixed media Distress Inks and stamped background for your Jolly sentiment, Karen. Love your added heat embossed star heart too, A very happy Christmas card. Hugs

Craftychris said...

Ooh, this is soooo cool! xxx

Bonnie said...

I love the pretty reds of your background and that beautiful star! The grunge stamping adds even more interest! A very holly, jolly card!

Pat said...

The orangy red tones are so bright and pretty Karen and I love the checkerboard and the circles, and then the uneven star with the heart looks beautiful over the top, and the black sentiment stands out really well. x

LeAnne said...

Love this!

Christine Alexander said...

I love your bold red card with the non Christmas stamps the checkers and circles are so cool :)

Annie said...

LOVE this modern looking card! I’m glad you explain it all so that I can try one out for myself. :-) The mix of the diluted color with the stamping just looks amazing. What a fun sentiment. Glad I didn’t miss this post!

Dortesjs said...

beautiful card, very colourful and modern ;O))

Viv said...

Not your usual colour choice Karen but it looks awesome as always.Love the combined stamping effects on the background and the pretty star of course too ;) hugs Viv xx

Susan said...

Very trendy looking card, Karen - love the mixed media look of it while still keeping it CAS and watercoloured!

I Card Everyone said...

You've caused a stamp-ede at TT for that Jolly good star and sentiment, Karen! LOve love LOVE your darling card!!!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully done with those red hues on your card. Love the star and that wonderful sentiment.

Barb said...

I love it Karen. A great design and the colour looks great. Barbxx

Cara said...

I love this festive funky card x

Bobby said...

Very vibrant and rather funky, Karen, and you know I love it because it's also red.

Annick said...

I like this one too! Not ordinary, funky and colourful. Nice non-traditional stamps too.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your red smooshed background is so dynamic and cool, Karen! The embossed shiny star with hearts is a great accent! Hideko