Saturday 21 April 2018

Bonsai Trees


Happy Saturday.
I love to look and see what kind of Inspiration Challenge is happening over at Splitcoast Stampers.
Today, we were being inspired by the Smithsonian Galleries.  I came across a lovely Bonsai tree for sale and decided to use this lovely stamp from Technique Junkies with this 'bonsai' looking tree on it for my card.  
As I was trying to figure out what kind of background I would stamp it onto, I remembered that I had an inked up a piece of Yupo paper with alcohol inks.  It reminded me of a cloudy night sky, so
I placed the inked piece into my Misti, masked the stamp (this stamp also has the image of a giraffes which I didn't want for this card), and stamped using Archival black ink.  I moved the piece inside my Misti and stamped the tree again moving it down slightly to overlap the first one.
I cut a square frame to place over the stamping and I liked how it really helped to draw the eye in.
I stamped the sentiment and put it all together.


I hope you find some inspiration around you.
Thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenge:
Simon Says Wed.- SPARKLE AND SHINE
(shiny Yupo paper with the alcohol inks)
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Savannah Giraffes (Technique Junkies); Art Journey
Inks- Archival Black (Ranger); Tuxedo Black Memento; Alcohol inks (Ranger)
Paper- heavy white; Yupo
Accessories and Tools- Misti; Blending Solution (Ranger); die- MFT; Sharpie Markers

20 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Stunning background with the alcohol inks and absolutely perfect for the bonsai trees black images. Yes the frame does draw your eye in to your fabulous and stunning card x

Christine Alexander said...

Love the bonsai trees, they look like they are floating in the AI background. stunning card.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous card! I do love the Bonsai!

aussie aNNie said...

Bonsai, it's stunning as is your card Karen. I gave our daughter a bonsai last christmas and she said it's doing really well. Very expensive to purchase though.xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]


Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! This is so gorgeous Karen! The background is spectacular and the bonsai trees look wonderful in silhouette! x

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeoussss Karen
Gr Karin

kiwimeskreations said...

What great use of the AI background Karen - a stunning card
Blessings
Maxine

Pat said...

This is definitely a wow background Karen with these fantastic alcohol ink colours and perfect silhouette trees, also the frame draws the eye in beautifully, and a great added sentiment too. x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Awesome background for your bonsai trees. Once you said the stamp had giraffes in it, I knew what stamp it was. Good for you for coming up with a way to get more mileage out of it.

Susan said...

I always love your cards but this one is going straight to the top of the list of my favourites of yours! The background is stunning - you got the colours placed perfectly for a cloudy night sky. The trees do look like bonsai - and they're perfect against that background.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that background. Wonderful colors.

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, what a gorgeous card! I LOVE the background you've created with the Yupo paper and alcohol inks, and it's a perfect background for the bonsai tree. Yes, the framing definitely draws attention to the sentiment! Beautifully done, my friend! Warm, sunny hugs! xoxo

Loll said...

Your AI inked background is gorgeous and perfect for double stamping that beautiful bonsai tree! Beautiful card Karen. xx

Bonnie said...

This is a perfect (and beautiful) background for the bonsai trees! It looks like they are growing beside a path! Lovely, Karen!

Donna said...

Gorgeous scene and background you've created here!
Thanks so much for joining the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH this week for our YO DUDE challenge!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So VERY Beautiful a work of art!
Faith
x

Chris Dring said...

What a gorgeous background to use for those bonsai trees! Such a fabulous card! Thanks for joining the fun at Shopping Our Stash!

Darnell said...

Breathtaking, Karen! You really have a deft eye for using those inks! That stunning background looks like a gorgeous painting with those bonsai trees!! Hugs, Darnell

debby4000 said...

Stunning card, love the striking background perfect for you silhouette trees.
Thank you for joining us on Simon says Stamps Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Bobby said...

This goes to show I need more practice with my alcohol inks. The background scene you created is gorgeous, Karen, and shows brilliantly behind the silhouettes.