Monday 20 May 2019

Sympathy

Hello and Welcome.
It's a long weekend here in Canada, so I'm glad to have some extra time to play today.
I really need to add a few more sympathy cards to my stash so this simple card is what I have come up with using some great stamps from Penny Black.

So onto my card detail.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and I used an old credit card to drag wet Distress Oxide inks down the side to create a panel.  I also added the blue lines with using just the edge of the credit card pressed onto the ink pad then onto my paper.
I placed the inky piece into my Misti then stamped the sentiment (Sympathy Sentiments) and the flowers (A Floral Twist)  using some Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
To add more definition to the panel, I added some scored lines with my ScorPal then a line using my ScorBug.  Just the perfect finishing touch for a simple CAS card.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- A Flower Twist (PB); Sympathy Sentiments (PB)
Inks- Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean DOX (TH); Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); old credit card; Mister (TH);
 ScorBug; ScorPal


16 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, love the sentiment and the background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful, Karen!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen, the swipe technique and credit card lines are beautiful :)

Bonnie said...

Love the blue and green credit card pulled background! A beautiful background for this pretty silhouette garden!

Susan said...

Beautiful blue and green background for the wonderful wildflower silhouettes. And a wonderful sympathy sentiment.

Pat said...

I love the technique of using a credit card to drag the ink and also the edge to get random line, which looks very effective Karen, and the image and sentiment in the contrasting black over the top is perfect for a sympathy card. x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous with wonderful colors and a perfect sentiment to go with the silhouette images.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a delightful card Karen - love the soft background with the added interest of the blended colours and 'edge' stamping.
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Man. you are so much more creative than I am with your credit card, Karen!!! lol Seriously cool! and I've never heard of a scorbug! Off to do a little research... I'll bring along my credit card just in case! xx
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree with "I Card Everyone" you really are more creative than my credit card. And that's a LOT. It's a gorgeous card.
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

Karen .....you are so creative and I always learn something when I pop by....Your cards are so unique and I love them and today is no different my friend x.

Nora Noll said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the oxide border and the lovely way you used the botanicals. Great design.

Loll said...

Love your cards using this wonderful technique, Karen. Gorgeous colours! xx

Kia's Place said...

So very pretty Karen. I rarely remember about scoring, it brings that added detail that can really make a card, as this has done.

cotnob said...

A beautiful sympathy card Karen, perfect for a sad occasion.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I really like how you did the technique only on the one side. Very pretty.