Friday 20 May 2022

Cruising On By


Good Morning
Today's card came to be after I found this stenciled panel using the Primitive Batik stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  It reminded me of waves in the water.
Just a fun, simple card.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I found this stenciled panel in my stash using the Primitive Batik stencil.  I am guessing at the colours I used...I forgot to write them on the back.  I think from top to bottom I started with Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio, Blueprint Sketch, then some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink along the bottom.
  • I looked at the stenciled and panel and wondered how I could make it more interesting and use it as a scene.  I decided to cut it apart along one of the stenciled lines. 
  • Next, I glued the top part that I had cut, flat onto a white cardstock panel.
  • I added foam tape to the bottom section and put it in place on the panel.  Just by raising it up, improved the look I was going for. 
  • I stamped the boat with some black Versafine Clair and fussy cut it out.  I stamped the sentiment in the word bubble and cut that out as well.  
  • I pop dotted the word bubble and the boat over the stenciled panel.
  • Finally, I glued it onto a heavy white card base to finish off my A2 size card. 

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with not extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS
Simon Says Wed.- LAYER IT UP

Supplies
Stamps- Cruisin' to Adventure (CTMH); Word Bubbles (Hero Arts)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white- (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Stencil (ACLD); TE Blending Brushes

6 comments:

Doni High said...

This is such a happy card! Love that stenciled background. Thanks for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon.
Hugs,
Doni

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous background and a lovely little ship image, a super card Karen, Kate x

Pat said...

A great design with pretty colours Karen and great use of the stencilled background which does have the look of water, and what a wonderful idea to cut it to delineate the sky from the sea and I love the speech bubble for the very apt words. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love how you have used that basic panel to make a card that has so much movement in it - great work and a wonderful result
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Makes me think of our lovely ferry boat ride to Tobermory! I see your waves, Karen - fabulous use of that fun stencil!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I could have sworn I commented on this fabulous card Karen, seems I didn't, how could I? I love your waves background and the wonderful cruise ship. Great sentiment also. I'm here with 2 hats on today so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Sport challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT