Tuesday 20 March 2012

Happy Birthday



Here is a card I made for my DH...just celebrated another birthday.  I always feel pleased when I can create a decent masculine card...sometimes I struggle with that.  I am adding this one to the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.  First I masked the side area with post it notes, sponged on two colours of Distress Inks then over stamped with the Grunge Me set from PTI.  Lastly I used my Scor pal to score the lines on the sides, added twine and the sentiment rounded with my Corner Chomper. 
Thanks for taking a look.

Players Badge

12 comments:

JanR said...

Love this. It's an awesome masculine card.

Bridget said...

Perfection in it's simplicity, this is such a fabulous masculine card, you're not alone in struggling with them, but you'd never be able to tell looking at this, Karen! Fantastic!

Ardyth said...

I think it's great - love the abstract spatter!

Laurie said...

Agh! I love this! You are so good at CAS! I love the design Karen! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Heather T said...

Great masculine card, I need to remember this technique because masculine cards always stump me.

Virginia L. said...

Very artsy look yet it is so perfect for a guy, Karen! I know your hubby will love it! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tammy said...

You're rockin this PTI Grunge set (makes me want to buy it)!
Thanks for playing with us at LRW!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great, great details Karen! Love how you kept the masculine design fresh and modern!

whoistracy said...

How fun! Love the trio of buttons & the bright colors.

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! Love the simplicity and the cluster of buttons, fab! Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

That's some pretty awesome masking there. WOW. Great guy card.
I'm so glad you played along with our CAS-ual Friday challenge this week:)

Anne said...

I think this is way more than just 'decent' - and something my DH may be receiving a copy of [giggle] thanks for the fabulous masculine idea. ;)