Sunday 15 November 2015

Christmas Stamping

Have you started your Christmas planning yet?  
I was inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast and this Pinterest pin:




Got out my new Penny Black stamps to play with and started stamping away.
Using my MISTI, I inked up the Full Bloom stamp (love!) using Memento markers, sprayed with water and pressed onto my paper to give a watercoloured look.  Stamped the sentiment then splattered with watered down green ink and a paint brush. 

The front panel was inked with Fired Brick Distress ink and the Tall Timbers stamp.
 


 I don't know, when I saw that stamp I instantly thought of plaid, so I stamped it in 2 directions on my cardstock to give me that look.  I inked the edges with Versamark ink and heat embossed with white to give a snowy feel.  I cut out an oval using a Spellbinders die then pop dot mounted it over the watercoloured image to mimic the look of a frame.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps- INSPIRATION PHOTO

Just Us Girls- WATERCOLORING

Penny Black Saturday- DIES or PUNCHES

Alphabet Challenge- TIS' THE SEASON

Wags 'n Whiskers- EMBOSSING


Good luck with your holiday planning.  I need to get started.
Thanks for taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Distress ink/ Versamark/ Memento ink/ wh embossing powder/ MISTI/ Memento markers

19 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

So amazingly creative what you did with that Tall Timbers stamp, WOW!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

You are so talented and clever to think of stamping the tree stamp in two directions to make a plaid design. And, adding the focal image works perfectly with it. Just a gorgeous work of art!

OH Babs said...

Gosh what a cool card Karen. I really like the Tall Timbers stamp looks like lots of fun to play with.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, look at this card! Karen, I love it, and I love the background with the oval and the holly and greeting showing! It's stunning, my friend! Hugs!

Sue from Oregon said...

How clever and out of the box to come up with plaid! Love the effect!

Thanks so much for joining us Penny Black Saturday Challenge!


♥ Sue Kment

Eemeli said...

Beautiful card. I love the background you have created. Thanks for joining our "Embossing" challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you next time too.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Monika Reeck said...

wow
clever using that stamp to be PLAID woooww
great window card
and thanks for joining us at ATSM this week
if you see House of Cards challenge they have also window /cut challenge
this will be perfecto :)
hugs
Monika (ATSM DT)

Maria said...

What a cool background. This came out great nicely done. Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

Julie B said...

Love your artsy interpretation of the photo Karen, love the painterly leaves in the background.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week. :)

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness this is so very very creative :) love it

Bobby said...

When I first saw the card I thought "What a great way to do plaid." That was before I saw it was trees. Now I think "What a VERY creative way to do plaid". I love the image panel, too. All together a wonderful card, Karen.

Neets B said...

Love the effect you've created by criss-crossing your stamping, so much interest to frame your central detail.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM, Anita x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great inspired card - love that w/c framing! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your background and what a great way to frame an image.

*Vicki* said...

Such a stunning card!! Really love how the background looks on your design here! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

shirley-bee said...

What a clever way to use the tall timbers stamp, and I love the watercoloured blooms behind it :)

Greta said...

What a wonderful use of that stamp! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at PBSC!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x

SOS Booster said...

Looking for Online Christmas party ideas so you can take this office Xmas celebration to the next level? Check out 10 Exciting virtual work Christmas party ideas your employees will love.