Saturday 15 April 2017

Blooming Time



Morning.
I can't believe we are halfway through April already.
Time for another 'sketch' card for

Here is the sketch.

I began by masking off the band across the top as per the sketch.  
I stamped the Hibiscus flower to create a mask on a piece of thin computer paper, then using my Misti I stamped the flower repeatedly, masking as I went along covering my card front.  By masking I was able to overlap my flowers and give more dimension. 
I then coloured in behind the flowers using a grey Copic marker leaving the flowers white.
 I stamped another single flower from that same set onto my white cs, watercoloured it using a grey Zig marker then fussy cut it out.
I removed the masked strip from along the top, then scored along the edges of that area with my ScorBug to create interest.  For those of you unfamiliar with that tool, it is used with a ScorPal and creates little perforated dots.
I cut a strip of white cardstock to fit inside the area at the top that had been masked off and stamped the sentiment onto that strip, glued it withing that area, then pop dotted the watercolored flower over that strip.
I added 3 clear pearls to the center of the flower as a finishing touch.



 Adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More- MAKE YOUR MARK

Crafting By Designs- GIRLS OR FLOWERS

Crafty Creations- ANYTHING GOES

CRAFT Challenge- WHITE AND ONE OTHER COLOR


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Wild Hibiscus (Altenew), Smile (Daisy Bucket-no longer in business)
Paper- 120 lb white cs (bulk local store)
Ink- Memento black, Copic marker, Zig Waterbrush marker
Accesories and Tools- ScorBug, ScorPal, pop dots, clear pearls, Misti

25 comments:

Dortesjs said...

woww gorgeous card ;O))

nancy littrell said...

TFS your detailed description Karen. I am not familiar with the Scor Bug..loved the effect. Your white and grey color combo is wonderful along with all your masked flowers and stamped and fussy cut flower. I love every single detail including your pearls. Hugs...

Carolyn L said...

Really do appreciate the time you take to furnish directions for your always-beautiful cards. This lovely is something I can't wait to CASE.....especially in blue!

Bonnie said...

What wonderful dimension and texture, my friend! I love how you've used this sketch!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this stamp set and you used it so beautifully on your wonderful card design.

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, this is gorgeous, and I love how it's colored just in the background with the single fussy-cut flower! Stunning take on the sketch! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! LOVE the background!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you coloured the background rather than the flowers, Jo x

Pat said...

This is beautiful Karen and the blue grey tone suits it perfectly, and I love the sentiment you have used. The ScorBug is something I am not familiar with but I love the row of dots it produces. x

Jane Willis said...

A really beautiful and elegant card.
Jane - GDT at CRAFT Challenge

Lisa Lara said...

What a beauty Karen. You come up with the most beautiful cards. I love that popped up flower.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

LOVE the negative colouring - and then the opposite for the single flower. Beautiful!

Michelle said...

Wow! What a gorgeous use of masking! A beautiful card. :-)

Bobby said...

They say opposites attract and the opposite coloring on your card sure attracted me, Karen. This is wonderful.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning is a word I come to expect when visiting Karen and this is another one of those cards, so simple with a WOW factor.
Faith
x

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

This is gorgeous! The opposite coloring is amazing! Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

TaeEun said...

So creative and clever design, Karen! Love the monochromatic look!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love, love this stamped background!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Sarn said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the background stamping & colouring. The focal flower is just ​right. I'll be joining in with the challenge on Monday! X

Caroline said...

Wonderful card! Love all the flowers and the layout. And the cut out flower makes it real dimensional. Thanks for joining in the CRAFT Challenge and good luck. Greetings, Caroline.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Karen: I'm so darn behind in my commenting, had some family stuff to take care off.
I love how you made your background leaving the flowers white to make your focal image stand out by coloring it, just beautiful.
Hugs,
Maria.

Aileen said...

Karen I thought I had commented on this wonderful card but maybe I just thought it. Beautiful use of this flower set and the colours, perfect

Viv said...

So very gorgeous Karen, loving the blue too. Sorry I am so late commenting too this week ;) hugs Viv xx

Karren said...

Gorgeous monochromatic card, Karen! Fabulous colouring and images!

Donna said...

Love your take on this challenge, Karen.
Beautiful design. X