Friday 30 October 2015

Falling Leaves

Fall is such a beautiful time of year.  The colours are amazing and inspiring.
This morning, the challenge at Splitcoast is to create a card that features Fall colours.  Here is what I came up with.

I began by applying some Gesso randomly over a Tim Holtz stencil.  So sorry it is hard to see in the photo but it gave a lovely, textural look to my background.  While that dried, I inked up my leaf stamp from Penny Black with Distress inks, sprayed with water and stamped.  I then die-cut them with the matching die.  
I stamped the sentiment with Memento black ink, embossed it with clear and added the leaves with pop dots so they looked like they were cascading down from the trees.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

CAS-ual Fridays- TIC TAC TOE
(stencil, die-cutting, embossing)

Shopping Our Stash- PAPERLESS

Just Add Ink- ADD A 'W'
('with' and wet leaves)



Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black, Inkadinkadoo/ leaf die/ Memento ink/ Distress ink/ pop dots/ Mini Mister/ Gesso/ stencil-Tim Holtz


16 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love those beautiful leaves and that large sentiment. Another gorgeous card design!

Diane Jaquay said...

SO many things to love about this card, the gorgeous leaves placed on the lovely, subtle background, and the wonderful, bold sentiment, this is a WOW card for me!!!

Loll said...

Gorgoeus colours and gorgeous card Karen. xx

Jan said...

Beautiful card Karen! Your leaves are gorgeous and I love your sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Christine Blain said...

Those leaves are glorious, Karen! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card, love those leaves.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Nikki Spencer said...

What a fabulous effect you've created with the leaves Karen. Such gorgeous bold colours, looks great on the White. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous leaves and the perfect sentiment! I love that subtle texture in the background. It adds to the total look but doesn't detract from the beauty of the leaves!

Angie Tieman said...

What a great card! Love that bold sentiment and the colorful leaves! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, this is gorgeous, and I do see the stenciling with the gesso. It adds such texture, and I love your leaves! What a fabulous autumn card, my friend! Hugs!

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Karen.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and such a great sentiment! Lovely leaves and design! Thank you for joining us at TTCRD this week!
Kamila DT

lauren bergold said...

WOW! brilliant, what a gorgeous card, every detail is just so totally right! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (noooo patterned paper!) STASH with us this week!!! ♥

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!!!
This card is so beautiful, I'll come over again...:-)

Hugsss, Gaby

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeously vibrant autumn card, Karen! Those leaves look like they've just fallen off the trees near me :)

Anke said...

Stunning card, I love it.