Thursday 17 January 2019

Snowflakes


Hello and Welcome
Meet today's card.

I love trying new techniques although I don't think this is a new one but so fun to try out.
It reminds me of barnboard, I think it's called 'Faux Shiplap' but it may go by another name.  Super easy to do and I love the look you can create for a background.

So onto how I made my card.
I took a piece of heavy white cardstock and using my ScorPal, I scored lines across, spacing them every 3/4 inches apart.  Make sure you have good impressions with the lines for the best results.
Next, I took my Weathered Wood DI pad and holding it flat against my card stock, I gently slid the pad over the raised scored lines so the ink would be transferred to the lines.  Some of the ink was also transferred to the flat areas making it look more like distressed wood.  I love the look.
I then placed the piece inside my Misti and stamped the sentiment right in the center of my card front with some black ink.  Love this set PB set called Snowflake Sentiments.
I then stamped the snowflakes randomly around the outside edge using some more of the Weathered Wood ink, keeping the card monochromatic.
When I was done stamping, I simply mounted it onto a white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- CLEAN AND SIMPLE
CASology- CLOUDY (I used a cloudy color grey)
Addicted to CAS- SNOWFLAKE

Supplies
Stamps- Snowflake Sentiments, All is Bright (Penny Black)
Inks-Tuxedo Black, Weathered Wood Distress (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook Waterloo, Ontario)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); ScorPal


21 comments:

JanR said...

What a cool technique! It makes such a lovely card!

Bobby said...

This is lovely, Karen. When I did my shiplap, I ran the edge of the ink pad along the debossed lines. Similar look but different feel.

Loll said...

Beautiful and rustic design! The gray barn board looks fantastic, especially with those pretty snowflakes. Great sentiment! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen, love the effect and will have to try :)

Christine M said...

I just love this Karen, your work is always so beautiful. Thanks for always giving 'how to' detail, will definitely be trying this :)

Glennis F said...

Thanks for sharing the 'how to'
I love the result

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful card, first look I thought you had stamped onto wood strips. I LOVE this and it's wonderful verse.
Faith
x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hey Girl! Love that faux wood grain - perfect with the snowflakes. Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Karen - and thanks for sharing how you made the background - it's the easiest way I have seen for making a weathered panel looking background!!
Blessings
Maxine

Mrs A. said...

That's really effective.Love the cool blue against the white. Hugs Mrs A.

Mac Mable said...

Such a striking effect and love the monochromatic look to your wonderful and amazing card x.

Jaydee said...

Karen, thanks for enabling me ... I HAVE to have that PB sentiment, now! Gorgeous card and I love the soft background. So glad you shared it with us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

karen h said...

Wonderful card! Love the faux wood technique! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Annick said...

what a nice quote ! And the card is very pretty too !

Viv said...

It's such a beautiful card Karen, love the snowflakes and so clever to use the faux wood background too ;) hugs Viv xx

Ellibelle said...

What a neat effect you created with scoring and DI pad. Really loving this and hope to try it soon too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pat said...

The snowflakes are so pretty over the top of that cleverly made background embossed and then coloured to complement one another, and then the added black sentiment stands out beautifully Karen. x

Melissa said...

Beautiful technique! I love the end result! Such a pretty backdrop for that wonderful sentiment!
Thank you so much for playing along with us over at CASology! :)

nancy littrell said...

TFS your beautiful Faux Shiplap card and a clear description of your technique, Karen. I loved your gray color choice for a weathered look. Beautiful sentiment and font along with your stamped snowflakes. TFS your beauty, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Annick said...

nice technique indeed !

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful monochromatic look! I love how the weathered wood ink really does look like weathered wood! Lol. Lovely card! Thanks for reminding me of this technique!