Saturday 16 February 2019

Being You- CAS Watercolour Challenge

Welcome.
Time for another card for the 

We have a colour theme happening this month. 
Please check out the amazing projects created by our talented team and our special guest this month Darnell from djkardkreations.


So onto my card.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and my Distress Oxide inks in pink and red.
I rubbed my DOX inks directly onto my non-stick craft mat, sprayed with water and then using a credit card, I dragged the wet colour onto my cardstock.  
When the background was dry, I took my Curly Q stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and added some detail to the side of my card using more pink.
Next, I then placed the piece inside my Misti and stamped the flowers and the sentiment in black.  I added some red lines using the edge of my credit card, again dipping it into some wet red DOX ink.  
Since I had some wet ink still left on my mat, I used a paintbrush to splatter over the entire bkg.
I simply mounted the finished piece onto some heavy white cardstock and then over an embossed card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Curly Q Stencil- A Colorful Life Designs

Adding my card to these challenges:
Just Us Girls- RED, WHITE, PINK
Just Add Ink- PINK, RED, BLACK
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Just Be YOU (Daisy Bucket CLOSED); Floral Silhouette (Magenta); 
Meadow (Inkadinkadoo)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Distress Oxides- Candied Apple, Worn Lipstick, 
Festive Berries (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- old credit card; Misti (My Sweet Petunia); non-stick craft mat;
Curly Q stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); sponge dabbers; Mister (TH)


23 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! so VERY beautiful, love the background and the effects you have achieved.
Faith
x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Karen, such a pretty background - it is perfect for your pretty silhouette image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine Alexander said...

definitely as stunner, love that CC background :)

Hannelie said...

Wow oh wow... this is beautiful!

Loll said...

Beautiful card with a wonderful mix of techniques Karen. Your credit card background is so pretty ... the red lines really pop. And I love the CurlyQ stencil on the side. Fantastic contrast with your black silhouette flowers and sentiment. Love this card! xx

Donna Ellis said...

Such a wonderful mixture of background elements, Karen! It's a beautifully orchestrated masterpiece with the best of color, silhouettes, and fab sentiment! hugs, de

Mac Mable said...

Stunning background and stunning card...love the colours and the background techniques x .

Rochelle Blok said...

Such a gorgeous card Karen! The pink background is a beautiful contrast to the bold black stamping!The little touches of red are just enough to finish off the whole card. Thanks for play along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...GORGEOUS card Karen!! I'm loving your background with the combination of the credit card technique and the stencil and the pinks and reds...just beautiful! The silhouette was the perfect addition...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Susan said...

Wonderful use of the red and pink! You do that credit card technique so well! The red lines add so much interest, as does the stenciling. Perfect with the black silhouette plants.

Ellie Knol said...

What floral silhouette did you use from Magenta.. cannot find it.. :)

Ellie Knol said...

sorry.. found it!

Bobby said...

Layering up the techniques on your background ends with such an amazing card, Karen.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I always love to see the wonderful watercolor designs you come up with to show off the awesome silhouette images. This card is gorgeous! I love the background made before you stamped the design onto it and with those colors too.

Bonnie said...

Love those soft swirls and the red lines in the background, Karen! Perfect silhouetted flowers and love the dry embossed background!

Macimbalo said...

Beautiful card! Love how you used this week's colors! Thanks for joining us at JUGS!

KimB said...

What a lovely mix of embossed and inky textures Karen! I love how striking your silhouetted image is over the top. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Jan said...

So gorgeous, Karen! I love all the texture and inky layers in your background and how they add to your lovely black silhouettes. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

This is a great way to use the colours - I love the silhouette look of your bold flowers. Chantell Just Add Ink

A Place for Kia said...

I so loved this when I saw it, love the colours and the silhouette stamping in the black. So beautiful Karen.

Daria said...

I love the addition of the stenciling over the Credit Card Swipe background. Terrific card!

Maria said...

Oh I just love this card. That background is amazing and that bold pop of elements is awesome! Great job and thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this month!

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, this background is awesome and a much better use of a credit card than what I use mine for. I've never seen this done and I love those red lines you added too. Beautiful card.