Monday 4 March 2019

Anything Goes- The Flower Challenge





Good Morning and Welcome.
A new month means a new theme at 



Great theme.  Please check out what our talented team has created and come play along.

So onto my card.
I am longing for Spring's arrival so I wanted to use colours that would reflect a sunny, warmer feel.

I placed my white cardstock into my Misti, then positioned a mask from A Colorful Life Designs over my paper as I wanted to be left with a nice crisp, white border.  I love using these simple masks on my cards.  Next, I took this great flower stamp from PB called Together and placed it inside my Misti.  Using my Tombow markers, I coloured the flower heads first, sprayed with water and pressed onto my paper.  I repeated that same process for the leaves then let it dry.
By colouring directly onto your stamps with markers, it lets you apply a variety of different colours without them getting all muddy.
When dry, I stamped this fun PB sentiment from the Good Wishes set using some Memento black ink.  Leaving the mask in place, I rubbed some Squeezed Lemonade along the edges to define the stamped area.
I removed the mask and then scored a border along the sponged edge.  I like the way it frames up the stamped area.
I mounted it over a piece of sunny yellow cardstock then onto a plain white card base.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
A Bit More Time to Craft- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Together (PB); Good Wishes (PB)
Inks- Squeezed Lemonade DI (TH); Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); yellow
Accessories and Tools- Tombow Markers; Mister (TH); 
Rectangle Mask-A Colorful Life Designs; ScorPal

20 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning card Karen, I love the colours and the floral design, Kate x

Viv said...

Love this Karen. I really need to try and source those masks here in the UK - they're a great idea and save all that messing about with post it notes!

Bonnie said...

Bright and beautiful, Karen! Love these warm colors!

Bobby said...

Your attention to detail is wonderful, Karen. The double matt and scoring frame the lovely flowers and make them stand out.

Loll said...

Such happy bright colours to say that spring is here?? I hope! :) LOVE this beautiful flower stamp from PB and have just bought it for myself. Hope to play with it soon. LOVE the sentiment you've added to this beautiful card Karen. xx

Susan said...

Love the bright colours - makes me think of the warmth of summer! Great background shading to tie into the yellow mat.

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, what an absolutely gorgeous card! I love the sunny and bright yellow and how beautifully you've colored this flower! WOW! I love it, and what a great sentiment! Amazing talent you have, my friend! Delight and inspire me all the time! Hugs and love! xoxo

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen, love the colours so warm and sunny, just about ready for summer:)

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! I have a couple of questions on the stencil/mask you used for your card but I'm not seeing any contact info to email you.

Caroline said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining our challenge but are you a follower yet? Please do if you want to participate.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

colleen said...

So cheery very nice

Mac Mable said...

Wow....one striking and eye catching card and love the vibrancy of the colours. What a great technique of colouring the stamp and such a fabulous sentiment x.

Mac Mable said...

Meant to say....sending a hug right back to you x

Aileen said...

So pretty sweetie and I love al the little heart petals and the colours are of course perfect.

TaeEun said...

The fiery ombre on the flower is beautiful and looks summery! I need some warm weather here too :)! The score line as a frame was a great touch!

Nicolette said...

A very nice card.
Thank you for sharing it at 2Sistersontheblog.
Nicolette DT

Nora Noll said...

Oh I am in LOVE with your flowers. They just POP. Gorgeous card!

Ericka Strange said...

I love you card Karen! Such a pretty color combination and the yellow really makes it pop! Beautiful job.

Viv said...

Super card here Karen! love all the pretty vibrant coloured flowers and clever masking too ;) hugs Viv xx

stampingbowd said...

I love the bright spring colors on this!! I spotted this when I entered the Flower Challenge! So fun to "bump" into you there!