Sunday 19 September 2021

Little Fox Birthday

 


Welcome
Meet today's card.
I made it awhile ago for a little person having a birthday.
Stencil over stencil...fun technique to try.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of white cardstock.  Using the Drizzled Lines stencil from A Colorful Life Designs, I rubbed on some Picked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink.  I rotated the stencil and inked again to create a crisscross pattern.  
  • Leaving that stencil in place, I put the Falling Sticks stencil also from ACLD, right over the top and rubbed on some Peacock Feathers DOX ink.  I love the pattern I was able to make for the background.
  • I placed the stenciled panel into my Misti and stamped the greeting.
  • Using a circle die, I die cut the center of the panel as I wanted to make that my focal point.
  • I placed that circle into my Misti to stamp the circle outline and that little heart.
  • I pop dotted the circle back into the background, matching it up.
  • Next, I stamped this sweet little fox from the Little Ones set by Photoplay with some black ink and fussy cut it out.  I clear heat embossed the image so it wouldn't bleed when I watercoloured it.
  • Using some DOX inks (same colours as above) that I diluted with a bit of water, I painted in the face of the fox.  
  • I mounted the card panel onto a white card base, then pop dotted the little fox head into the stamped circle space.

Here are the stencils I used for the background:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Little Ones (Photoplay); Everyday Circle Tags (Avery Elle)
Inks- Distress Oxides, Verafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils- ACLD; Misti (My Sweet Petunia); foam tape; 
clear embossing powder; heat tool; TE Blending Brushes; 
Infinity Circle Dies (Hero Arts)

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

An awesome stencil on stencil background, Karen! Love this sweet little fox!

Pat said...

I love the look you got combining thse two fab stencils Karen and the colours are so pretty. The cute fox head looks great over the top too. x

I Card Everyone said...

Your choice of stencils really made the technique work beautifully, Karen! Such a fun place for that foxy dude to hang out!
=]

cuilliesocks said...

Isn't that so cute, what a lovely fox image and I love the background you've created with the stencils, fabulous card Karen, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! again Karen, another Super card with great ideas. I suspect the recipient loved it.
Faith x

Loll said...

Sweet card for a little one, Karen. Love your stencil on stencil background. xx

Kia's Place said...

I just love this Karen - perfect for the little ones.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Karen - love the subtle movement in the background and the fabulous focal point
Stay safe
Blessings
MAxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute card design and I love the pattern and colors of the background.

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful combination of the stencils, great colour combination and one super cute little fox Karen x.