Saturday 30 April 2022

Doodled Flowers

 


Welcome
Something a bit different for me today.
On Friday night, I like to watch Vicki Boutin's live classes.  They are free and lots of fun.
Last week, she showed us how to make simple, doodled flowers.
I decided to give it a go and this is what I came up with.

So here's what I did to create my card. 
  • I began by making these doodled flowers...very simple to do.  I used a Pigma waterproof pen to doodle the flowers...that part is important as I wanted to watercolour them.  Check to see if your pen is waterproof before you start to paint them.
  • After I drew a few I was happy with, I started to paint them.  I used Vicki Boutin's Art Crayons to do that.  I rubbed the orange and pink crayon onto a piece of acetate, sprayed with water and picked up the wet ink with a paintbrush to add to my flowers.  
  • I dried the flowers a bit, then stamped over them with the Friends Script stamp using some Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide ink.  I inked up the stamp and then stamped off onto some scrap paper as not to overwhelm the look of the flowers with heavy stamping.  The script added a lot of interest.
  • Next, I drew some leaf shapes and watercoloured them using the Art Crayons again in greens.
  • I splattered them all with my white and black Posca pens and set aside to dry.
  • I started looking through my stash of previously made backgrounds and came across this one.  It was done on the Gel Plate using some pink acrylic paint and this super stencil from ACLD called Messy Dot Grid.  I thought the colour worked well with the flowers.
  • The flowers were now dry, so I fussy cut them out with the leaves.  
  • I placed the stenciled background into my Misti and stamped the sentiment in the corner.
  • I curled the flowers and leaves a bit, then arranged them with pop dots onto my card front.
  • I glued the finished panel onto a piece of pink cardstock, then onto a white card base and added some small black gems to the flower centers.
  • Finished card is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4".

Here is the stencil I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with not extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Alphabet Challenge- 'B' FOR BLOOM
Cut it Up- APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS


Supplies
Stamps- Enjoy the Moment (Daisy Bucket-no longer available); Friends Script (HA)
Inks- Vicki Boutin Art Crayons; DOX inks; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ontario)
Accessories and Tools- Pigma marker; Posca pens; Basics Acrylic paint; 
Messy Dot stencil (ACLD); Misti (My Sweet Petunia); black gems

10 comments:

Susan said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Love the dotty background, but most of all I'm impressed by your hand-drawn flowers - they look great with the loose watercolouring and the subtle script stamping.

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Oh, what happy flowers! This is such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

JanR said...

So awesome that you doodled those flowers - they're fantastic! Such a pretty card. I'm loving all the pink.

Bonnie said...

Love these doodled flowers and leaves, Karen! So pretty with the watercoloring and stamping! The stenciled background is so bright and a beautiful place for these flowers to rest!

Betty said...

What great “doodle”! I was sure those flowers were stamped. Much better than any I have doodled. Love the card, too.

Loll said...

Adorable card Karen. LOVE your doodled flowers and leaves. They are so fun! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What wonderful flowers, love the "doodling" shape of them and the leaves, then the stamping to finish them off to being even more beautiful, gorgeous colour mix and background.
Faith x

Pat said...

I love the hand drawn flowers Karen and prettily coloured and with the added script which works well, and the gelli print stencilled messy dot grid makes a great background. x

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the pretty background and the gorgeous flowerts!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Susan said...

I just LOVE this card! Everything about it. Thanks for sharing!