Friday 15 April 2022

Geometric


Welcome
Meet today's card.
Just some simple masking using this fun new stencil from ACLD called Mid Century Geometric.
I always enjoy the look of circles on a card so this one really fit the bill.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock that was 3 3/4" x 5".  I laid that onto my Waffle Flower Stencil Mat and positioned the Mid Century Geometric stencil over my cardstock.
  • I wanted to make areas of specific colour instead of blending them together so I masked off the circles as I went along using some low tack tape.  It was a simple process.  These are the Distress Oxide colours I used:  Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin.
  • When I was happy with the inking, I splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • When the panel was dry, I die cut a circle from the center.  
  • I stamped and clear heat embossed the sentiment onto the circle.
  • I glued the main stenciled panel onto a piece of pink cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.
  • I added some foam tape to the back of the circle, and popped it back into place.
  • I added 3 black gems under the sentiment.


Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with not extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Beyond the Blue- USE YOUR WORDS
Mod Squad- ANYTHING GOES
Try it on Tuesday- SPRING COLOURS


Supplies
Stamp-  Art Washes Away (Hampton Arts)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Mid Century Geometric stencil (ACLD); Posca pen,
Stencil Mat (Waffle Flower); TE Blending Brushes; low tack tape; 
Infinity Circle dies (Hero Arts); black gems (Dollar Store)

6 comments:

Pat said...

More bright and pretty colours for this geometric stencilled background but no purple this time and more yellow and it really sings out. I love the circle cut from the same piece and the black inked sentiment and gems to finish..I think the words are perfect. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great use of the stencil Karen, and I love the sentiment on the raised circle - the dimension adds so much to this wonderful, cheerful card
Blessings
Maxine

Judy Woodland said...

You have used one of my favorite quotes, and it's by Picasso. This card is simply wonderful, and I love the bright colors and modern design. Lots of fabulous work here, thanks so much for playing along with us for the last time over at the Mod Squad. I am very sad that we are retiring, it has been a great ride. Hope to see you around the web!!
Judy~ MSC Designer

My name is Erika. said...

I am loving these colors and the geometric pattern. It makes a great card image. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. Happy new week too. Hugs-Erika

Loll said...

So cool! Love your design and LOVE the colours! xx

Lee said...

Ooo FABULOUS design! I love the bright colors! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Beyond the Blue!