Friday 5 June 2015

Change


Here is today's card.

The theme at Splitcoast today was Graduation.  Since I don't know anyone who is graduating, I made a card with this great sentiment which I think would work great for a grad.

I began by using an old Distress wheel from Stampin Up (sorry I don't know what it is called) and rolled it over my Versamark pad then onto my 90 lb. watercolour paper.  I then heat embossed it with white embossing powder and sprinkled Brusho in orange and yellow over the top; sprayed with a generous amount of water and let the colours blend together.
When my paper was dry, I stamped the flowers from Magenta and the sentiment from Hampton Art using Stazon ink.   
(The sentiment must be an old one as it was in a $4. bin at Michaels)


Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- MAKE IT MASCULINE

Addicted to Stamps- MAKE YOUR MARK

Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Craft for the Craic- CELEBRATION
(graduation)

4 Crafty Chicks- GRADUATION


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies- stamps- Magenta, SU, Hampton Arts/ Versamark ink/ Stazon ink/ Brusho/ wh eb powder/ mini mister/ heat gun

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Brusho masterpiece!

Lee-Anne said...

Awesome texture and I love the Brushos, Karen!

Unknown said...

Great card, love the background and that is one of my favourite quotes (I'd love that stamp). Karen x

JoanieMc said...

Love the texture and design. Great sentiment used to make it perfect. Thanks for joining The Brown Sugar Challenge.

Hugs
Joanie DT

Sarn said...

Simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing how it was created xxx

Pamellia said...

Holy gorgeous Karen, love that amazing pattern! The silhouette stamping is so beautiful, I really need to give this a go sometime! hugs :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome colors on this one and you are right...the sentiment would be great for a graduate. I love the silhouette images used on it too.

BożenA said...

Wow, beautiful card. I love how the colors mix brusho. It's always a big surprise.
Regards,
Bozena

Loll said...

Gorgeous. Always love the amazing backgrounds you make Karen. Beautifully finished with beautiful silhouette stamps ... and an inspiring sentiment stamp. xx

Neets B said...

Love that embossed background and your blended brushos, such a beautiful effect. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Tamie said...

I adore the colors and the flowers. This sentiment was actually one that the RCMP officer who was our guest speaker at Tristans graduation said to the kids. It is truly perfect. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring creation with at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Tamie DT

*Vicki* said...

So colorful and gorgeous! Love the texture you've achieved in your background!! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Donna said...

Gosh, the colours in this card are amazing, such a beautiful and elegant design :) Donna ♥ x

Bobby said...

Love that background with the silhouetted Queen Anne's lace.

Unknown said...

Lovely colourful card :) beautiful for a graduation card, the colours are so inspiring. Thank you so much for joining in our June challenge over at Craft for the Craic.
Eithne (owner)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so beautiful, your wheel really made the perfect distress, love the colors you used too.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along at ATSM!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I think this is a fabulous graduation card and I really like that it doesn't have to be a graduation card. That background is so cool!