Saturday 27 June 2015

Getting Inspired


Welcome.  
So glad to be back after losing my mojo this week.  I guess that happens when you are too busy.

So, today I was inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast and a Placemats Pinterest board.  Loved this photo with the vintage dishes in blue (of course!) and the calligraphy around the place settings.


I began by cutting two circles using Spellbinders dies to use as masks for my one-layer card front.  I attached the masks using temporary adhesive for easy removal.  I then sprinkled 2 shades of blue Brusho over my cardstock and sprayed with water to activate the Brusho paint crystals.

TIP:  I found it was best to remove the paper mask right after spraying with water so the paint saturated mask wouldn't stain the paper underneath.

When that was all dry, I applied the negative of the circle mask and stamped the script from Penny Black over that and then added the sentiment from Stamplorations.  It still felt like it needed something more so I used a pencil eraser and a lid to add some black details for interest.

That's it.  Very simple but glad I could get inspired.  Hope it lasts for this week!

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES


CAS on Sunday- ONE LAYER

Shopping Our Stash- FOR THE BOYS

STAMPlorations- SKETCH


Have a great weekend and thanks so much for coming by to take a look.

Supplies:  stamps- STAMPlorations, Penny Black/ Spellbinder die/ Brusho/ Mini Mister/ pencil/ lid/ Memento bl ink

17 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully done. Love the collage of elements used to create it and of course, love the blue colors.

Pam said...

Love this! So much dimension on a one layer card.

Unknown said...

A great card, you've definitely got your mojo back! Karen x

Loll said...

Gorgeous design. Looks like your mojo is back in full swing, my friend. Love the masks you've used along with the brushos. Very creative. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. This would also work well for HLS June CAS Challenge - Sprays. xx

Sarn said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS. Great advice on how to make it too. xxx

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Karen!! Love how you made the rings, a great take on that photo challenge! hugs :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Dang girl I need Brusho lessons from you! :) Lovely card - thanks for joining in at ATCAS

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I absolutely love the background you've created.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! what an utterly gorgeous card! i really love this! it's a pretty fab take on our "for the boys" challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH as well! :)

Bobby said...

I'd say the mojo is working just fine, Karen. I love all the different elements on your card.

Brandi said...

Wow! Love the bright blue background of this card. Great job!

anja curvers said...

Wow this is such a piece of art, love it. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Sari / Granne said...

Fabulous blues and combination of stamps and shapes. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations 35th Sketch Challenge, hope to see you soon again.

Greta said...

Just browsed your blog--every project is amazing, Karen! You're such a talented designer--love your style!

Deepti said...

Now that's a splash, love the text BG, thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!! Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations!!

BożenA said...

Congratulations, Karen! Wonderful creation for Stamplorations! I love Brusho background color so beautifully it spread.
Regards,
BozenA