Saturday 20 June 2015

Scene It


Happy Saturday.  
So happy to be playing along with the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast this a.m.
Today, we are being inspired by the Miracle Suit Website.  So many beautiful bathing suits.
When I saw the suit below, I thought of my Brushos right away.



I began by stamping the Cityscene by Tim Holtz, that I just got, onto my watercolour paper  with Memento black ink and heat embossed the image with clear powder.  Next, I sprinkled on some Brushos and sprayed with water to create the sky.  So easy with such colourful results.

Helpful Hint:  For those of you that are not familiar with Brusho, check out this link:


Adding my card to these challenges:


Simon Says- USE YOUR FAVOURITE TECHNIQUE or PRODUCT
(Brushos)

Happy Little Stampers- SPRAYS/MISTS

Addicted to Stamps- CLEAN and SIMPLE

Frosted Designs- SUMMERTIME BLUES



Hope you have a great weekend.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Tim Holtz, Gina K/ Brusho/ mini mister/ cl embossing powder/ heat tool/ Memento bl ink/

19 comments:

Pamellia said...

Wow Karen, this is stunning! This is the best use of that Tim Holtz stamp set that I've seen, you may have actually sold me on it!! Brilliant interpretation of the bathing suit! hugs :)

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant! I love the effect you get from the brushos, the sky is stunning. And the cityscape is a super stamp. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Karen, great stamp and brilliant sky.
Pauline
x

Deepti said...

Oh my such a stunning scene :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your city scape. Beautiful sky!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, what a fabulous inspiration card. I love the colors you've used...and what a great bathing suit!!! Great cityscape, and the Brushos are amazing! You really have mastered them perfectly and keep tempting us! Hugs!

Loll said...

Gorgeous as always Karen. You do amazing things with brushos! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS and Happy Little Stampers, my friend. xx

shirley-bee said...

Stunning sky, Karen - looks fabulous with the skyline stamp.

Bonnie said...

That splash of Brushos is amazing, Karen! Love that stamp and the scene you've created! Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS!

sandie said...

Gorgeous skyline, and wonderful deep rich sky. Thanks for joining ATSM

Barb Ghig said...

A really spectacular card, Karen! Your sky is amazing...so realistic and full of energy, and I love your cityscape!
I wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog...so kind of you! And, to tell you that I'm so glad you linked up this beautiful card at ATCAS and ATSM this week! We always enjoy seeing your creations in both galleries!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a beautiful card design. Love those awesome details, colors and sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Frosted Designs! Huggies!!!!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Karen, I love the cityscape and your created the sky with inks and broshos is stunning!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says StampWednesday Challenge

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! Love this city scent. Your background skyscape is perfect. You are the Brusho queen!

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Beatiful night sky! Thanks for joning us over at Addicted to CAS!

OH Babs said...

Another beautiful Brusho card. I will use mine soon.

Lee-Anne said...

Wow! That Brusho sky is stunning, Karen! Love the cityscape!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love the sky!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!