Thursday 10 December 2015

Dancing Santa

Greetings of the Season.

This morning I am playing along with the challenge at Splitcoast where the theme it 'dance'.
Every time I see this little Santa it makes me smile and think about the song 'Rockin Around the Christmas Tree'.  Here is what I did to create my simple card.

I began by embossing a square in the center of my card using a die from Spellbinder.  I then masked the edges and stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches a number of times in the masked area.  
Next, I printed off Santa, coloured him with Copic markers and fussy cut him out.
*Santa is a Birdie Brown digi that is no longer available in that format but is available in a stamp set from MFT. 
I pop dot mounted him so he looks like he is dancing and jumping up to point at the sentiment.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

(this unfinished bkg and Santa have been sitting in my pile)

The Male Room- THEME CHRISTMAS


Use Your Stuff- STAMPING

Crafty Creations- Happy Holidays


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Paper Smooches, Digi/ Copics/ Spellbinder die/ Memento ink/ pop dots/ Cuttlebug

20 comments:

A Place for Kia said...

Fun fun Karen, makes me smile

Unknown said...

Loving seeing all your Christmas cards and this one's no exception. Karen x

Diane Jaquay said...

What a delightful Christmas card!!

Pam MacKay said...

love this fun card!

Donna said...

Fantastic card, I love that Santa image! Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "UFO" challenge!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This Santa looks quite perky and chipper. What a fun card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that dancing Santa. Great festive card design.

Gabby said...

Very cute card! Like how you multi-stamped your sentiment on the inside and I love Torico's Santa. After following her, I was glad that MFT "scooped her up!" She's is a great CAS designer. :)

Gabi MeWi said...

Beautiful card.Love the Santa.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness - that Santa is the cutest and I love the embossed square with the sentiment stamped repeatedly. Thanks so much for joining our stamping challenge this week at Use your Stuff!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a fun card, Karen! I love this Santa, and how you stamped the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM! We always enjoy seeing your fabulous creations in the gallery!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word he is just too cute!! LOL!! I love it! :)

Bobby said...

I love the way you did the sentiment behind Santa, Karen. The only thing you needed was an action wobble. Then Santa would really dance.

Chana Malkah said...

Very pretty card! Love the lightness of your design! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Julie B said...

Great card. love the embossed frame with the stamp greetings, the Santa is so cute as well!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yep! singing it, love the Santa and your card.

Loll said...

So cute. I LOVE this image too!! :) He just makes me smile! Great design for the background. You are so creative, my friend. xx

Neets B said...

Every time I see this image I LOVE him! Such a fun card and I love the design of your sentiment.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Neets B said...

Every time I see this image I LOVE him! Such a fun card and I love the design of your sentiment.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Deborah Frings said...

I adore this jolly Santa and I do like the way you've stamped the background sentiment. Fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with our Christmas challenge at The Male Room. Hope to see you again next year.