Sunday 21 July 2019

Moon Gazing


Hello and Welcome
Just a fun little card featuring this fun stencil called Starry Grid from A Colorful Life Designs and these cute little fairies from Lavinia Stamps.
Here's what I did to create my card.

A few weeks ago, I got out my Gelli Plate and brayered on some different colours of acrylic paint.  Next, I splattered on some water and some white acrylic paint to give it some interest.  I loved how it looked like a starry night.
I placed the piece into my Misti and stamped the fairies a few times with some black Memento ink.  I did fill in some of the areas using a permanent black marker to get a dark, filled in image.
I then die-cut it into a circle.

Next, I took a piece of heavy white cardstock and placed my stencil over that.  I sponged on some Tumbled Glass DOX ink, using a light hand in some areas and heavier in others to give the background some interest.  Leaving the stencil in place, I splattered with some water to lift some of the inks and tie the bkg into the look of the white splatters on the circle die cut.
I stamped the sentiment and mounted the fairies over the starry bkg with pop dots.


Before I go, I have a favour to ask.
If you could take a minute and do the below survey.  The owner Mary Kay, would love to hear your ideas and all your suggestions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We want to hear from you! What do you like about our stencils, what can be improved, and what do you want to see more of? Tell us in our short, 10-question survey so we can become the best stencil company out there.
As a thank you, you'll get a $5 store credit and be entered to win a $30 gift card to A Colorful Life Designs.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG
CAS on Friday- USE A STENCIL
Sweet Stampin- YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE FRIENDS
Lavinia World- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamp- Enjoy the Moment (Daisy Bucket- no longer in business); Star Gazing (Lavinia)
Inks- Memento black; Tumbled Glass DOX (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Starry Night stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Misti (My Sweet Petunia);
acrylic paint; pop dots; brayer (Speedball); makeup applicator brush; black permanent marker

18 comments:

Pat said...

How beautiful is this Karen, and a gorgeous starry night look for your sweet silhouette elves, and what could be better than the starry stencilled background in the soft and pretty blue. Gorgeous! x

sgc said...

Love these cards!

karen adams said...

Beautiful

cuilliesocks said...

Aww I just love your gorgeous design Karen, those little elves are wonderful and what a fabulous stencil, stunning card, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Karen, love the sweet design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Karen. It would fit in nicely at the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Bunny said...

Another fabulous card. Love the colors. Just beautiful. [Bunny]

Christine Alexander said...

I'm loving your Lavina stamp images Karen. You are creating some amazing backgrounds for theme

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Karen - love your attention to detail in using different depths of colour on the background, and the water distressing.
Blessings
Maxine

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Karen, your fairies are so sweet.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Craftychris said...

Stunning card! Beautiful starry night for the gorgeous Lavinia stamp and the stencilling is lush. xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely gelli plate result Karen, love using mine too and these lavinia stamps are just delightful.xx

Lori Kobular said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! I love the background you created inside the circle! It is just gorgeous and I love that Starry Grid stencil! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges!

Mac Mable said...

Those cute fairies sure look like they are enjoying the moment x I always love to read how you do your fabulous cards and loved how you did this one. A beautiful card and love the effect of the water splats, the white acrylic and all the stars tying in together to make one fabulous card x.

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the link Karen....I couldn't just click on it but copied and pasted it into my address bar and did it that way x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Karen! What a magical scene! Sometimes my hubby and I gaze along the starry nights just like this, at the awesome magic that surrounds us. You have brought out the Wonder and Awe (and innocence) of the season! Love it! And now, for my DT hat: Such a pleasure to see your pretty card at Lavinia World Challenges. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Steph Ackerman said...

How sweet. Beautiful background. Thanks for sharing at Lavinia World.

Sammy said...

What a great design! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x