Friday 5 July 2019

Summer Smiles



Hello and Welcome
I hope summer makes you smile.  
I wanted to create a simple, fun card using this great stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.

Here are my card details.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and placed the Spring Garden stencil onto it.  It's such a fun and happy stencil with sort of a retro look to it.
I used a variety of Distress Oxide inks to randomly ink the background.  I have to apologize here, I was having so much fun inking that I didn't write down the colours I used!

When that was dry, I placed the piece into my Misti then stamped the Smile using some black Memento ink.  To help add some extra interest, I pierced the some of the flower heads and added some black gems for interest.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
I hope you smile today!

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- REPEAT DAY
(repeated stencil pattern)
Crafty Sentiments- BRIGHT COLORS

Supplies
Stamps- Smile (Impression Obsession)
Inks- DOX; Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Spring Garden Stencil (A Colorful Life Designs);
black gems (Dollarama); blending brushes (Dollarama); piercing tool (Ranger)

13 comments:

Lin said...

What a great idea to add piercing, Karen! Love this summery beauty!

nancy littrell said...

Wow..Gorgeous colorful flowers stenciled with your DOX inks, Karen. TFS your beauty and description. Hugs..Nancy...P.S. Glad you are feeling better:-)

Linda Simpson said...

Love the vibrant background on this beautiful card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pat said...

Fabulous bright colours you have used Karen and the stencil does have that retro look, and love the black sentiment and black gems, also the paper piercing on some of the flowers adds extra interest. x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous colourful card Karen, love the pops of black and the piercing was such a great idea too, Cathy x

Christine Alexander said...

I can just see the sun pouring down on your flowers :). Gorgeous Karen.

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving this bright and cheerful card Karen - it's a beauty!
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Such a happy card, full of colour and the blending with the pretty stencil is fabulous x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE your happy colours and the sentiment, a fabulous card.
Faith x

cotnob said...

A beautiful summer card Karen, lovely summer flowers and gorgeous colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Loll said...

Best summer card EVER!! :) This makes me happy! xx

Brenda said...

This is a brilliant card! I love the piercing for extra texture and I love that the stencil stands pretty much alone. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs DT Maria