Tuesday 9 July 2019

Bunches of Thanks

Hello and Welcome
I had some time the other day and have been wanting to play around with my Gelli Plate.  I read about using Distress Oxide inks on the plate, so I was curious to see what kind of results it would give.  I found that using the DOX inks was a lot less messy and fun to play around with too.

So onto my card details.
I began by pulling out my Gelli Plate and I brayered on some Broken China and Peacock Feathers over the top of the plate.  I gave it a spray of water to help the colours blend and to add interest (you can see the little white areas in the background where the ink has lifted). 
Next, I inked up the Large Floral Bkg. with Salty Ocean DOX and pressed that over the top of the already inked plate, kissing the two together.  I lifted the stamp off and pulled the print.  
Voila....my card was born.
After the print was dry, I placed the piece into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from the PB set called Special Sentiments using some black Memento ink.
I simply mounted it onto a white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Time Out- INSPIRED BY WORDS
Craft Stamper Magazine- TAKE IT MAKE IT JULY
A Place to Start- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Special Sentiments (PB); Large Floral (Magenta)
Inks- DOX (TH); Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Gelli Plate; brayer (Speedball); Misti (My Sweet Petunia)

15 comments:

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Karen, thank you for sharing the technique.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, love the background and sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Debbie Gaetz said...

genius!

Pat said...

A great gelli print creation Karen and using what I call your signature colours, and I love the sentiment too. I wonder if this would work equally as well with ordinary Distress Inks. x

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, I love effect with the gelli print, the water bubbles create such a wonderful effect.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a wonderful result of your 'experiment' Karen- a fabulous card
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

Great work with the gelli plate and dox inks. We did that at the retreat and had a lot of fun with it. Not as messy as using acrylic paint, which is awesome. Your colours are so pretty and I love the water spray which gives the background visual texture. Very cool! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Just gorgeous, I love the design and your fabulous blue shades, Kate x

Sheila H said...

Wow - this is amazing! Thanks for sharing your artistic talent at A Place to Start.

Lucille K said...

Wow! Your card is beautiful, loves the design and colors. TY for joining us at A Place to Start :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Karen, your cards are always stellar, and this one is no exception. GORGEOUS work with the Gelli Plate. I have not dabbled in this, but I am very inspired by your wonderful work. Thanks so very much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at Time Out!

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful card! I love the cool palette! Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
A Place to Start Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

Lynn said...

Love the gorgeous background you created!
Thank you for playing with us at Time Out!

Linda said...

This is stunning. Great results from the Gelli Plate. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Karen! I've not tried Oxides on my gelli plate yet, must get round to it. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)