Sunday 26 January 2020

Beautiful Sunset

Good morning.
I just love when I get a few minutes to play around with my inks.  
I decided to try something different for creating this sky as the background for my stamp. 
So here's what I did.

I began with a piece of heavy cardstock and got out my Distress Oxide inks.  I took a baby wipe and pressed it right onto the ink pad, then with a sweeping motion in one direction , I went onto my paper.  I repeated that process using different colours of inks (all listed below) that I thought would make for an interesting sky.  I think the key to doing this technique is a gentle touch.  When I was done, I loved the look this very quick and easy technique gave.  
Next, I took the inked up piece and positioned it into my Misti.  I inked up this great stamp called Winter Woodland from Penny Black with black Versafine ink and stamped it over my bkg.
I really love this stamp for creating quick cards; stamp it over any background and you have created a quick and easy card.
After looking at my card, I decided to leave off the sentiment so I would have more options for using it for different occasions.

I simply mounted it onto a coordinating piece of blue cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Shopping Our Stash- WINTER BLUES
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING GOES-Take it/Make it
Simply Create Too- MONOCHROMATIC
Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Winter Woodland (PB)
Inks- Versafine; Distress Oxides (Peacock Feathers, Bundled Sage, Broken China,
Stormy Sky, Weathered Wood, Salty Ocean)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); baby wipes

19 comments:

Lori m said...

Gorgeous card, hugs, Lori m

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful! Karen, thanks for sharing your lovely technique! XX

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful. That sky is magnificent!

Bonnie said...

I love using baby wipes and think it's such an amazing tool! Love, love, love your sky and the beautiful woodland scene you made!

Pat said...

This looks great Karen and I love the trees on this PB stamp, and what a great idea to apply the inks with a baby wipe. x

Marcia Hill said...

What a cool technique Karen and a lovely, lovely sky! The PB tree image looks FABULOUS over that sky too! :0)

cuilliesocks said...

Your card is gorgeous Karen and the sky is amazing, turned out a fabulous technique, must give it a go. Love the tree images too, Kate x

Susan said...

Great technique for doing the sky, Karen! It turned out beautifully!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Pinned! Gorgeous sky and cool technique, xox

Christine Alexander said...

Stunning card Karen. I have to try that technique, I have so many tree line stamps that would work with this. wonderful inspiration :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing card Karen - love the sky, and thanks for sharing how you made it
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Such a realistic and beautiful sky with a great technique...another one to add to my list, thank you x. Yes this beautiful card could be for numerous occasions Karen x.

Jeanne H said...

Wow, you show a lot of creativity here. Thanks for sharing. :-)

nancy littrell said...

Oh my...Gorgeous baby wipe technique sky for your stamped Winter Woodland, Karen. I love when you try new techniques and share your detailed description, my friend. Hugs...Nancy P.S. Adding the beautiful stamp to my wishlist:-)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! my goodness, this is gorgeous, you make everything sound so simple, I may actually try this, I don't know if it will work as I don't have Oxides? Worth trying though, thank you so much for all your inspiration.
Faith x

Linda said...

This is stunning .... I love the sky. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Loll said...

Your sky is gorgeous Karen! What a great way to create with baby wipes. I will have to try this out. You always come up with the best ideas! xx

Kim said...

This is absolutely beautiful. It looks like a real photo. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simply Create Too!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so gorgeous, Karen. I always love seeing your work. Thanks for introducing me to this technique. I can't wait to try it.