Friday 10 July 2020

Feeling Festive


Welcome
Meet today's card.  
Just having some fun with my Distress Oxide inks and a few tools.

I've been watching many of Eileen Godwin's FB videos during this lockdown.  She does workshops all the time in the UK and her creative style is one of clean and simple.
Some of the cards she has posted show a simple technique using her Stencil Pal as her flat edge to create lines, creating a grid like effect on her cards.  I thought I would give it a go. It is so simple and needs no special tools.  

So onto my card details.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock.  Using my Stencil Pal, (a stencil Pal is a plastic tool that you use when applying pastes over a stencil and has a flat edge on one side) I randomly used it to create lines on my card panel by pulling ink with an inking tool away from the straight edge.  You could use a ruler, piece of heavy card or anything that has a flat edge.  I made sure the lines crisscrossed each other using different colours.  
When I was happy with the grid design, I stenciled in some areas to add interest.
I dried the inks using my heat tool to be sure the inks were dry before the next step.
I rubbed over the panel with an anti-static pad, stamped the image, then clear heat embossed it to help make it pop.
I die-cut a frame using a Stitched die from Memory Box to add, then I pop dotted the panel over a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Have a great weekend.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- EMBOSSING
Southern Girls- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamp- Dream On (Prima)
Inks- Distress Oxide (Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concord, Cracked Pistachio)
Verafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Stencil Pat; Dotty Stencil (AAll and Create); Stitched Rectangle die
(Memory Box); sponge applicator; Cuttlebug; clear embossing powder

10 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful collage stamp used for it.

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful design and colours Karen, the detail is amazing, Kate x x

Pat said...

Fantastic Karen and love the background. I have been watching some of Eileen's videos and love the look of the random lines she makes and this one with the added stencilling looks wonderful. I love that Prima stamp too which is an amazing looking focal image. x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous post full of awesome pretty colours and style. ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card -the background 'grid' almost looks like a random type of retiform. Your embossed image is stunning.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

nancy littrell said...

Your inked, stamped and heat embossed main image is so beautiful and artsy, Karen. I so appreciate how you have described all your layers. You really have perfected this technique, my love. TFS Stay safe and Creative. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Gorgeous card Karen, I love the effect of the "stencil" and your colour choices.
Take care
Faith x

Imke said...

Wonderful mix of all these techniques, Karen. Beautiful card !

Thanks for joining our "Embossing" Challenge this week @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Mac Mable said...

So contemporary, unique and fabulous Karen x.

Billie A said...

Beautiful. Stunning. I love this card. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner.