Saturday 18 July 2020

Woodsy Christmas


Happy Saturday
Meet today's card. 
Very fun and easy background to create using some acrylic paint and my brayer.

So here are my card details.

  • I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and brayered some acrylic paint onto it, turning the paper as I brayered to create the layers of paint you can see above.  Start with one colour then continue until you are happy with the inking. HINT:  If the inking looks too dark for your taste, brayer over it with white paint.
  • While the paint dried, I stamped the tree line using my Misti.  I inked it up with some Versafine Clair black, then went back and coloured the trees with my Tombow markers to add some colour.
  • I placed the matching die over the stamped trees and then die-cut them out.
  • I stamped the sentiment in my Misti, then fussy cut it out for more interest.
  • I cut down the brayered painted piece to fit the front of my card, then glued the trees over the background.  I pop dotted the sentiment over the white area of the tree line.
  • I mounted the panel onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Time Out- PEACEFUL
Inkspirational- PAINT OR COLORING
My Time to Craft- CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Supplies
Stamps- Mountain Top Trees (Poppystamps); Peace, Love, Joy (Right at Home)
Inks- Versafine Clair; Tombow markers; Acrylic Paint (Paper Artsy)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- brayer; Mountain Top Trees die; pop dots; Cuttlebug

13 comments:

Pat said...

This winter landscape looks fantastic Karen and love the use of a brayer with acrylic paint building up the colours to give a wonderful finished sky with what looks like about three very pretty colours, and the background groups, and foreground single tree look great die cut and with some added colour, and love the way you have cut the sentiment out and pop dotted it over the top. A gorgeous card. x

Christine Alexander said...

Love the brayer background Karen, so much inspiration. I must roll off my brayer.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely post with fabulous design amazing colours, lovely. x

JanR said...

Gorgeous! I adore the colours and the wonderful design.

Pia S said...

What an interesting technique and look for the background, I think it looks awesome! Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! I love the sky, such a beautiful Christmas card Karen. I love your tutorials.
Take care
Faith x

Loll said...

Another gorgeous background. Beautiful Christmas card with your winter scene! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning Karen, fabulous background and inkblending, Kate x x

Shauna said...

What a pretty design! I love the colors in the sky and the hill effect with the popped up sentiment is just lovely! Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving the brayered background Karen - it makes a stunning backdrop for the trees
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the My Time To Craft Challenge this time and good luck :)

Mac Mable said...

Another fabulous technique and what an eye catching effect on your gorgeous card Karen. The sky looks wonderful and the colours are glorious x.

Lisa Kind said...

This is stunning! That background is amazing and the colors that came through are so pretty. Very pretty card. Thanks for taking the Time Out to join us!