Monday 10 August 2020

Frosty for Christmas


Welcome
Today's card is a frosty one which is too funny considering we have a heat warning.
Anyways, I am really pleased to be getting some holiday cards done. 

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by making the background.  I applied a coat of Gesso over my heavy white cardstock and let that dry.  
  • When it was all dry, I added some Acrylic paint with my brayer and then some Distress inks to give a dark, frosty bkg.  
  • Before stamping the snowflakes, I cut the panel to card size, leaving me with a piece I could later use for the sentiment.
  • I placed the panel into my Misti and stamped the snowflakes from Tim Holtz.  They have a great distressed look to them.
  • I stamped the scripts from the Faded Text set in some of the open areas to add interest.
  • I splattered the panel with my white Posca Pen and set aside to dry.
  • Using the small piece I cut from the panel, I stamped the sentiment, also from the snowflake set, with some Versamark and then white heat embossed it.  
  • I backed the sentiment with a small piece of white, then pop dot mounted it over the frosty panel.
  • I added it all to a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
We Love to Create- ANYTHING GOES
Corrosive Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
All Fun- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Faded Text (TH); Weathered Winter (TH)
Inks- Versamark, DOX (TH); Archival; Acrylic paint (Dollar Store)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Gesso; Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Brayer (Speedball);
Posca Pen; pop dots; white eb powder; heat tool; inking tool (Ranger)

12 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous Christmas collage design using your gesso, gelli plate, stamped butterflies and sentiments. Love your blue tones and your sentiment stamped on cut off background. A real beauty, my friend. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Verna Angerhofer said...

This design really does have that cold frosty look to it. I love it!

Pat said...

Such gorgeous distressed snowflakes Karen to go with a wonderful bit of distressing and texture with the gesso and then the acrylic paint and distress inks to make that wonderful blue background, and what a great idea to use an offcut of the background to stamp your sentiment on to. x

Bonnie said...

You are on a roll with these fabulous backgrounds, Karen! This is perfect for snowflakes and a good reminder that the heat will be gone one of these days!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice Karen. I'd like to CASE it

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Karen, lovely snowflakes and gorgeous colours, Kate x

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, your best background yet. I love that grungy distressed look :)

Mac Mable said...

I am loving the whole distressed look of your fabulous card Karen. Wonderful background and those snowflakes and the oversized sentiment in the middle look absolutely stunning x.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning result Karen, I love the frosty result.
Faith x

Susan said...

What a wonderful frosty look - love it!! I'm going to try your technique for the background. Great layering of the snowflakes and text on top of it!

Jane Savage said...

Stunning card, I adore those icy colours for Christmas!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Haideelum said...

Very nice design! Nice combination of colors, you achieved a lot of texture and great background!
Thanks for joining us on
CORROSIVE CHALLENGE BLOG!
HaideƩ DTC Corrosive Challenge Blog
https://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com/
https://haideelum.blogspot.com/