Monday 5 October 2020

Patchwork Quilt

 


Hello and Welcome.
I picked up a few new stamps and a die a couple weeks ago and wanted to have a chance to use them so this is the card I came up with.
I hope you can see the embedded sentiment....it looks so amazing IRL...pretty simple to do too.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by looking through my stash of inked papers.  I try to soak up leftover inks when I'm finished working on a background as not to waste any.  This one had soaked up lots of blue Distress Oxide inks.  I'm guessing but I think the colours were Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans and some Blueprint Sketch.  
  • I placed the inked piece into my Misti and stamped this new to me stamp called Grungetangled (fun name isn't it!) with some Faded Jeans Archival ink.  It really made for a fun look.
  • I die-cut the sentiment Live, Love, Laugh from the panel and set aside being sure to keep all the piece together. 
  • I die-cut the sentiment 4 more times then glued them all together.
  • I glued the stamped panel onto a piece of white cardstock, then fitted the die-cut back into place and glued in all the little extra pieces that made up the pattern.
  • I added some matching blue gems for interest, then glued it onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so very much for all your kind comments and for coming by and taking a look.
Hope you have a great week.

Supplies
Stamp- Grungetangled (Sentimentally Yours) 
Inks- Archival, Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Live, Love, Laugh die (Frantic Stamper); Cuttlebug; blue gems;
Misti (My Sweet Petunia)

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm very happy you had the chance to shop AND use your newest goodies, Karen! What a fun name for this stamp, and a really fabulous card using it!
=]

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Gorgeous colour
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful card Karen, fabulous design and so much detail to it, love it, Kate x

Pat said...

This collage stamp looks great Karen, and love the blue tones in the background, and your wonderful embedded sentiment die cut into the piece. A gorgeous card. x

Bonnie said...

The quilt pattern is amazing and then there's that fantastic hidden message! Very clever, my friend!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is fantastic. Great colors too.

JenniferE said...

Fantastic card! Love all of the shades of blue and different stamps.

Christine Alexander said...

wow Karen, that is an amazing background and certainly looks like one of those hidden pictures with your sentiment. It really plays tricks with your eyes :)

Julia Aston said...

Oh, what a great stamp with all those patterns on it Karen - the embedded sentiment looks great in the center of it!

Mac Mable said...

What a unique and glorious card and the hidden sentiment looks amazing x.

Bobby said...

I adore your paper patchwork quilt, Karen.