Monday 29 November 2021

Joy to the World


Hello and Welcome
Today's card was a fun one.
Trying to use a stencil called Layered Argyle in a few different ways.
You can see what this 2 part stencil looks like below.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of white cardstock and placed stencil #1 onto my paper (diamond) and inked it up with some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink.  
  • Next, I laid the part #2 stencil and positioned it over the diamonds.  I inked that up with some Blueprint Sketch DOX ink then removed it.
  • I took the stencil #1 again and repositioned it over the background, moving it over onto the open areas that were still not inked and rubbed on some more Tumbled Glass.  It gave a totally different look to using this stencil in the regular way.
  • I splattered the whole panel using my Posca pen.
  • I took the panel and die cut the 'Joy' from it, then cut the 'Joy' shadow from some white cardstock.  (it is a 2 piece die)  I glued the two together and set aside to dry.
  • I glued the inked panel onto a heavy white card base, then positioned the 'Joy' back into place, matching up the pattern.
  • I stamped out the strip sentiment with some Versamark ink, then white heat embossed it.  I glued that over the die cut.
  • Finally I glued on some navy dots to add some interest. 
 

Here is the stencil I used:

                                           
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with not extra cost to you)

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.


Supplies
Stamps- Simple Strips Christmas (TE)
Inks- Distress Oxide
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Layered Argyle (ACLD); TE blending brushes; Posca pen;
Joy die (SSS); navy gems (Dollar store); Misti

5 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great stencilling and one Joyous card Karen x.

cuilliesocks said...

Another wonderful background and the stencilling is fabulous, a gorgeous card Karen, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the colour mix Karen, the large Joy is perfect with it, a Super card.
Faith x

Bonnie said...

Another pretty background, Karen! And a wonderful die cut Joy!

Pat said...

These argyle pattern layered stencil looks wonderful Karen and placing the crosses over the white areas makes a terrific pattern, and finished with a pretty layered sentiment and the white on black sentiment strip looks great over the top..love the navy blue enamel dots too. x