Sunday 13 March 2022

Embrace Your Life

 


Good Morning
Meet today's card.
It started as a white cardstock circle I cut out for something? and found in my stash.
From there, an idea and a card was born.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • Like I mentioned above, I found this white die cut circle in my stash and then when I searched a bit, I found the negative I had cut it from.
  • So, my original plan was to use this wonderful Paint Strokes stencil from ACLD, to stencil the circle for my card.  I laid the circle into the cut away square just to hold it there, but it became part of the card design as I loved the look.
  • I randomly placed the Paint Strokes stencil around the outside of the circle and inked it up with a rainbow of colours using a blending brush and my Distress Oxide inks.  The colours I used were: Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Prize Ribbon, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet.
  • While that dried, I die cut the sentiment 3 times from some black cardstock and glued them together.
  • I cut a white card base 4 1/4" square and used some foam tape to pop the negative die cut square onto the base.  I matched up the circle to the inside and glued it down right onto the base.
  • I glued the die cut sentiment over the cut away circle area.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

(affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Allsorts- SPRING IS IN THE AIR (rainbows)


Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX listed above
Paper- black cs, heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Paint Stroke stencil (ACLD); Infinity Circle die (HA);
TE Blending Brushes; Live, Love, Laugh die (Frantic Stamper)

11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Wow Karen what a wonderful design, I love the bold colours and that large sentiment die, it really pops out, Kate x

Pat said...

This looks great Karen and I agree that the circle placed beneath the square and continuing the pattern on to the negative square piece works brilliantly, and the layered sentiment in black really stands out. x

brenda said...

So colourful, gives a real feel of Summer with all those vivid colours, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love, love, love this Karen - the vibrant colours and the wee bit of dimension combine to make an amazing card!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 💌m

I Card Everyone said...

Paint stroke of genius, my friend!
=]

Imke said...

Fun and vibrant colors, Karen. Thanks for joining our CAS Challenge this week @ Little Red Wagon and i hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Bonnie said...

So bright and colorful, Karen! Love that die cut sentiment!

Loll said...

This is such a cool design Karen. It's bright, bold, and fabulous. xx

Mac Mable said...

Great use of the stencil and what a vibrant and happy card Karen x.

Pauline C said...

Beautiful vibrant card - love the design using the paint mark stencil. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
Pauline x