Sunday 8 January 2023

Oodles

 

Good Morning
Today's card was a simple one to create using 2 new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called Boho Heart and Heart Surround.  
If you scroll down and look at the last card I posted before this one, you can see how you can get a totally different look using the same stencils but reversing the way you layer them.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I laid a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art station and positioned the BoHo Heart stencil over to the side.  I inked it up with some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink.
  • Keeping that stencil in place over my cardstock, I positioned the Heart Surround stencil right over the top of the first one and inked again using some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink.  Layering them up gave a totally different look to the heart.
  • I removed both stencils and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • When the piece was dry, I placed it into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from the new stamp set called Oodles also from A Colorful Life Designs. 
  • I glued the finished panel onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base. 
  • To finish off my card I added 3 black gems around the sentiment.

Here are the stencils I used:



Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- SOMETHING NEW
Beyond the Blue- SOMETHING NEW
CRAFT- NEW

Supplies
Stamps- Oodles (ACLD)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencils (ACLD); TE Blending Brushes; Make Art Station (Ranger);
Misti

7 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful mix of the stencils Karen. So lovely.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a difference between the two cards by simply reversing the stencils -- this is another stunning card Karen
Blessings
Maxine

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Delightful card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog

Pat said...

This is a totally different look to the last and also very pretty Karen, and I love the mix of blues and the fun sentiment. This would make a super valentine card/anniversary card. x

Lee said...

Wow Karen! That blue is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

Darline Maes said...

Prachtig Karin, bedankt om mee te doen, groetjes Darline

Kerry Charles said...

Great card. Love the way that you used the stencils. Thanks for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge. Kerry (DT)