Sunday 2 April 2023

Brush off the Dust


Good Morning
Today's card was a fun one.
I created it by doing some stencil layering using the Big Blot stencil and the Paint Strokes stencil, both from A Colorful Life Designs.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station.  I positioned the Big Blot stencil over that and secured it well.  
  • I took the Paint Strokes stencil, laid it over the Splat and inked it up with some Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide ink.  I moved the stencil then inked again with some Peacock Feathers DOX ink.  I kept repeating that process, moving the stencil into different areas and inked with some Cracked Pistachio and a hint of Uncharted Mariner DOX ink.
  • I removed both stencils and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • I stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner.
  • I glued it onto a roll-off sheet that I had rolled some purple ink off my brayer while Gel Plate printing. I like the look of the mottled background and it matched the purples in the card.
  • I glued that onto an A2 sized card base.

Here are the stencils I used:



Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Monday- STENCIL IT
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Art Soul (Hampton Arts)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencils (ACLD); Make Art Station (Ranger); TE Blending Brushes;
white Posca pen

2 comments:

Pat said...

The words are very apt Karen as this is a very art looking using the splaes and paint strokes stencils to get the shape of the splat in those wonderful shades of blue and purple with the stripes of the paint strokes filling the space, and backed with a roll off piece from your gelli printing which goes excellently..a brilliant look! x

kiwimeskreations said...

What great use of the stencils, Karen, and fabulous results - love the way the colours have mixed and matched. An appropriate sentiment also.
Blessings
Maxine