Friday 31 March 2023

Fireworks


Good Morning and Happy Friday!
Today's card came together so quickly and I love the sense of movement it has overall....reminded me of fireworks!
I spotted my salad spinner and decided to get it out.
This card was an experiment as well, to see how the spray inks would work since I've only every done this technique using Alcohol inks before.
(to see that video, go HERE.)

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I got out my salad spinner (originally picked up at the Dollar Store and dedicated just to crafting) and some photo paper since I thought the ink would flow better on the shiny surface.
  • I cut the paper to fit into the bottom of the spinner, sprayed with some purple Dylusions Ink Spray, put the lid on and spun away.
  • I opened the lid and thought it needed a bit more so I added some sprays of blue Distress ink spray.
  • I set that aside to dry and stamped the sentiment with a shade of purple onto some white cardstock and die cut it out.
  • I cut the panel down to fit on the front of a 4 1/4 " square card base.
  • I pop dotted the sentiment over the background.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Big and Bold stamps and dies (SSS)
Inks- Distress Oxide, spray inks
Paper- HP photo paper
Accessories and Tools- salad spinner

5 comments:

Pat said...

Wow Karen, what a wonderful explosion of colour and love the large purple die cut sentiment in purple with the white shadow layer which really pops. x

Jeanne H said...

What fun! Love the colors you used.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous outcome from your trial Karen - a stunning card!
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

What a wow of a card Karen, I love that explosion of purple and that fab large sentiment, Kate x

Kate said...

Wow!! What an awesome technique with stunning results!! I'm so impressed!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper