Monday 13 March 2023

Great Friend


Good Morning.
Today's card is a simple one although it looks more complicated then it really is.
I'm using the new Trailing Vines stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I got out my Gel Plate, white cardstock, some Villainous Potion and some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink.
  • This time, instead of rubbing the ink directly onto the Gel Plate, I rubbed ink onto the Trailing Vines stencil, then pressed that onto my plate.  I rubbed over that with some scrap paper, removed the stencil and rubbed my white cardstock over that.
  •  I cleaned off my Gel Plate and repeated the above process using the same stencil and some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink.
  • I placed the stenciled panel into my Misti and stamped the sentiment, then splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • I glued the panel onto some white cardstock, then onto a piece of purple and then finally, onto an A2 card base.
  • I added 3 black gems to bring more attention to the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
We Love Stamping- ANYTHING STAMPED/OPTION- SPRING
Corrosive Challenge- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamp- True Friendship (retired- IO)
Inks- DOX; Versafine Clair
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); Gel Plate; Misti; black gems; Posca Pen

6 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful colours and a fabulous sentiment, Karen!

Liz Williams said...

Beautiful card and love the sentiment as well!

Pat said...

Inking the stencil itself has given a different look this time and love the purple and blue tones and another great sentiment Karen. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful way to use the stencil Karen, and an awesome sentiment. Love your colours too
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Another fabulous gel-print card, Karen and I've always found these words to be true!
=]

Lee said...

OH such stunning colors and love that stencil! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!